Roll Call for the Legend Jan 16th-2008

Martita B.

Anyone booked for the Costa Rice-Panama Canal-Ft Lauderdale cruise? This is our President's voyage and I know it sold out several months ago. Both Miss Pam and her husband Ray will be hosting ~~I only know JB, John and Susan G. have will be aboard ~~we're all flying down to San Jose a couple of days before boarding in Caldera on Jan. 16th. Anyone else booked?

Martita B.

Martita,

Guess we will get to know you well! We met in the Sky Bar before the Legend Crossing last April. Will be aboard in January as well as March 17!! We already have our "Green" for sailaway, and some form of "plaid".

Bonnie & George

Bonnie & George,

Grrreat news as to you two being on the Legend, Jan. 16th.:p

J.B. and I will fly into San Jose on Jan. 14th ~~we have a car/driver that will meet us at the airport~~will transfer us to our downtown hotel. (I found a neat old coffee plantation villa that is now a small boutique hotel--balconies overlooking the formal gardens, etc. and it's very reasonable) We plan to tour a'round a bit. S. and J. G. will fly in on the 15th, as will Miss Pam & Ray. We've decided to take the Seabourn transfer bus to Caldera on Jan. 16th. When are you planning on flying into San Jose?

I know this Legend President's cruise sold out quickly ~~I don't know or I've not heard of too many Guests I know. Have you?

The Captain will be Tom T. ~~(I'm so proud of him!) Have not heard as to the Hot Man, CD or Cheffy ~~~~

I think this will be a great cruise ~~~it's been ages since I've been on the Lady Legend......'poor little thing she won't go into refit/drydock until April 2008 (in Lisbon) but she'll still look beautiful!

Please tell George to go find a VERY tacky necktie forthe big March contest:eek: ~~~Prizes for 1, 2nd & 3rd are going to be UNbelievable! :D

Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving!

Martita B.

Hi Martha,

Yes, we are also flying in on the 14th, but are taking the easy way and checking into the Marriott. Checked so many villas that we got too confused to make a sane choice. So, the big, commercial hotel. We will also transfer to the ship with Seabourn.

Have corresponded with some people from Alabama who will be aboard, friends of new friends we met on the Spirit in October. Heard that Luca just returned from holiday with a new bride. Hopefully he will be aboard as Maitre 'd. Do I need to buy a tacky tie or should I shop in George's closet?

Hello Sailor's

Yes, we are staying at a small hotel (downtown) The Don Carlos.

It was a coffee plantation villa and I believe a home of a former President of Costa Rica lived there at one time. I know Seabourn is using The Marriott. (Guess we are adventurers ~~:confused:)

Great news of Lucca ~~

Do plan on entering the March Pride Crossing necktie contest as a 1st prize will be awarded to a "lucky lady!":D (you might go thru' George's ties first.....in order to select "the ugliest" !;) )

Happy Thanksgiving!

Martita B.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnie & George,

Will you be booking excursions during our 14 day Jan 16th voyage?

As I do not like "bus rides" :cool: I will probably just plan my own tours~~I find a Taxi driver that speaks some English and "kick the tires" and GO! J.B. and I enjoy our own non-structered excursions,

usually seeking out the local open-air markets. I've found I learn much more and enjoy the day visiting with colorful locals!:D Our picnic on one of the Belize Islands will be a fun day ~~water toys will be out & running! And we'll, hopefully, be served the small Belize grilled lobsters.

See 'ya at the Sky Bar, if not at the Marriott on Jan 15th ~~we're coming by for cocktails, early evening.

Martita B.

Hello Sailor's

Yes, we are staying at a small hotel (downtown) The Don Carlos.

It was a coffee plantation villa and I believe a home of a former President of Costa Rica lived there at one time.

Martita,

I have stayed at the Don Carlos and you will enjoy its colonial style and perfectly central location. Two hints - "splurge" for the superior room (classier/larger for just a few dollars) and don't take a room on the top floor (room gets hot during the late afternoon and evening). While I know you don't like organized tours, you might reconsider as the DC offers a great one day tour to the waterfall gardens and Poas volcano - not to be missed! The hotel can also recommend several great local restaurants just minutes away.

johnny

johnny,

Thanks for your suggestions and info ~~I did reserve 3 superior, balcony rooms at the Don Carlos ~~I was amused when the Reservation Manager replied to my e-mail and said, "Dear Ms. Martha, I have booked 3 of our best rooms for you ~~however, these rooms are $10 more per room, per night!":D ha ha (I have friends that just returned from Paris ~~Martini's are now $22 per stem!:confused: )

And J.B. and I will plan to tour the Poas volcano on Jan 15th. I do love a good, hot flowing volcano ~~;)

Thanks again for your information!

Martita B.

Count me in for the sailing too! I have to red-eye down to San Jose, although I can fly via JFK on United/Lacsa--I'm surprised UA even publishes that much too far connection. I'm really looking forward to the Belize caviar in the surf party, one of most favorite "sea" days!

Winnie

Would meeting at the 'La Castilla Lobby Lounge a'round 7:00 pm , Jan. 15th, be convenient? We can then mosey out to the Antigua Patio Lounge ~~~photos look delightful and it will be less crowded. Also comfortable tables and chairs.

Martita B.

Martita, what special events are planned for the President's cruise?

As you know I had been booked the President's cruise last year, but they needed my suite for some much more important people, so they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I gave it up! :D

Matt,

I've not heard of any special events planned for the Legend, Jan. 16th ~~I'll be hosting a small "Texas" dinner party but other than that I'm planning on lounging and simply enjoying the ride!

I've not seen Captain Tom T. in a couple of years, so I'm looking forward to sailing with him again.

Martita

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Martha--I think we got it at 1pm--I know we checked out and had a short wait to board the bus--it's about a two hour ride, but we took a little longer--our "guide" was outstanding and took a little more time than usual. Make sure she tells you about Costa Rican coffee, and points out some of the carts they used to take the coffee beans down to town. Also ask about Costa Rica's butterfly exporting business! Have a good one! Don

Don

Thanks! I'll check with Blue Lagoon Dr. after the holidays and go ahead and reserve the transfer before I leave Texas.

I am planning to buy some coffee ~~maybe Oro and Doka Estate brands. Thought they would make nice small gifts. Also I have heard the Costa Rican vanilla is as good as the Mexican brands ~~I use alot of vanilla so was happy to hear this.

I know you and Lola are enjoying your warm Arizona weather !

I'm jealous.......very cold here. Hopefully it will warm up next week.

Happy 2008

Martita B.

I booked a private minivan yesterday for the San Jose/Caldera transfer ~~rate was very reasonable and it will be more comfortable for the 2 1/2 hr. ride. There will be 5 of us.

Buzzland

I noticed we will be having 4 formal evenings plus the semi-formal Club reception/event. As I enjoy dressing for the evenings ~~ this time I am not planning on taking 4 long formals ~~will just mix/match black, along with 1 long formal!:D

Johnny

Surely wish you two Blue Water Sailor's were aboard with us! I'll think of all our great times together in the Carib!:) Happy New 2008~~let's sail together soon!

Happy Dec. 31st ~~be safe! Don't forget the black-eyed peas tomorrow!

Martita B.

Bonnie & George,

What time do you arrive in San Jose on Jan. 14th? I'll arrive at 12:56 p.m. (Continental from Houston) and J.B. arrives 1:15 p.m. We have a sedan/driver "fetching" us and will go directly to the Don Carlos Hotel. I'm sure many Legend guests will also be flying into San Jose on Jan 14th ~~I know a few coming in on the 15th.

Do you happen to know if the Legend and the Pride will meet for a rendezvous in Central America? I surely hope so! My good friend Missy A. boards the Pride today ~~will be aboard until November.

I would love to visit with her in C. America!:D

We may run by the Marriott later afternoon of Jan. 15th for a cocktail ~~~but will definitely see you at the Sky Bar, the 16th.

Happy and safe trip down ~~:p

Martita B.

Martita, what special events are planned for the President's cruise?

As you know I had been booked the President's cruise last year, but they needed my suite for some much more important people, so they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I gave it up! :D

Actually many months ago Seabourn sent out a detailed listing of each tour that Pam will be taking so that the guests can join her. Also I understand that Pam will be socializing freely throughout the ship. I would not be surprised if she also had a bit of a talk on the new ships and the future plans for Seabourn.

Matt, (YOU need a nice color~~how's this one?)

I am so looking forward to being back aboard the Legend (even though it does have just one sink ~~may be more convenient for me!

First thing when I board I must go straight down and ask the Maitre'D if he'll arrange to send my coffee every morning at 7 a.m.

I need 2 cups and saucers when J.B. is aboard as he comes each morning at 8 a.m. for our "mornin' board meeting!" On the Pride when he isn't aboard the Room Service fellows just send one cup and saucer with my coffee ~~~they never miss a trick, do they?

Surely wish you were aboard with us ~~I know quite a few Guests and I think we'll have alot of fun ~~especially with Miss Pam and Ray. They are both sooo personable and fun.....both have a great sense of humor. I do NOT plan on "swinging thru' the trees" though.

Believe I'll just watch ~~I won't dare get on a ferris wheel ~~too scarey for me! Funny, huh, ridin' bronc's wouldn't faze me !:confused:

I'll e-mail you before I leave ~~

Thanks for your good wishes!:p

Martita B.

Martita,

My T/A called me late yesterday and advised there were a couple of cancellations on the Presidents' Cruise on the 16th. Wish we could go, but I'll have to take a pass - spent my vacation on the Mickey boat last month:D (how's that for apples and oranges?!?)

Maybe if anyone else is interested they can quickly grab those suites! The weather should be great as the rainy season is now over.

Happy New Year!

johnny

johnny,

Oh dern ~~I surely wish you two could have booked Miss Pam's cruise ~~ I understand, though, that it's not always convenient to book, especially the "last minute" voyages. It takes me a week to sort out and pack the exact clothing and items I need and want for a cruise.:confused:

Why don't you book our Pride March Crossing ~~there are still a few Suites available. It's a bargain ~13 days of lazy, hazy, daisy seadays ~~ a magical, fun TA Crossing. I have a feeling we're going to enjoy good weather and seas this year !~~~ We're due!;)

We'd loveee to have you join us!

Pinkie

Archived