Roll Call for the Legend Jan 16th-2008

Martita B.

Bonnie & George,

We plan now to come over and have a cocktail on Jan 15th ~~if we don't see 'yall then, yes, we'll see you at the Sky Bar. I'll be perched on my usual stool.

We are going to Caldera by private car/driver and will arrive at the Legend early ~~we'll probably "dilly-dally" driving down.:p

Looking forward to being with you on the Legend!

Martita B.

The President's "special Legend excursion, "to my knowledge, has not been announced. Has anyone heard what this might be? I know we'll be enjoying the beach BBQ, also the Galley Market luncheon, but Miss Pam's "event" is being kept a secret ~~~hmmm ?? Guess we'll just have to wait until it's announced on board.

See 'ya at the Sky Bar in Caldera:p

Martita B.

p.s. The Legend goes thru'

the Panama Canal today!

>"Actually many months ago Seabourn sent out a detailed listing of each tour that Pam will be taking so that the guests can join her. Also I understand that Pam will be socializing freely throughout the ship. I would not be surprised if she also had a bit of a talk on the new ships and the future plans for Seabourn."

So, Eric, will you share this information so the rest of us can be green with envy? I certainly loved that itinerary last year and would have done it again if I wasn't headed to the Pride.

Jane,

I know Pam's "special event" will be a most elegant affair as I've never attended any complimentary Seabourn Exclusive event that wasn't lovely.

After being aboard the Pride in Oct., sitting in the Legend Sky Bar area will be "a blast from the past!":D She'll be in Lisbon for dry dock and her refit in April.

Have lots of fun on the Pride ~~please tell Missy A. I send big Texas hug's to her! I'll be with her in March.:p

Martita B.

Matt,

Thanks for the kind "Bon Voyage!":D As I've not been on the Legend in ages I am anxious to "see the 'ole girl!" The Pride's new look is quite elegant ~~~ black stripe a'round her, with the black chimney's.

Can anyone tell me who the Bartender might be (Legend) in the Sky Bar for the coming few weeks?

Martita B.

I would like to wish you "bon voyage" as well Martha!

Possible bartenders: Dariusz (please ask him to email me), Nino (if he is still there) or Richard. Or somebody else!

I'm sure everybody will take good care of you and you will have a wonderful time.

Regards to everyone there!

Marja

• 3 weeks later...

Miss Martita Pinkie is back in West Texas ~~and alive !:p

We had a fantastic President's cruise ~~~Miss Pam was a most gracious hostess and did an outstanding job! Her presentations (3) very, very informative, interesting and comical! Everyone aboard enjoyed her ~~~she is truly an amazing woman and President!

Guests were soooo nice.....knew quite a few and met some grrrreat new sailors ~~I believe they ALL booked other Seabourn voyages. We had 143 Club Members. I was surprised to be presented, at our Club party, a beautiful new Tiffany Club pin as I had reached an important milestone! Two kisses from Captain Tom T., of course, is always special! (I've known him a long time.....he was Staff Captain for many years. I am so proud of Tom T. He'll be married in Aug. to his long time sweetheart in Norway)

Food was fabulous ~~we had Cheffy's, Willy & Adam. (he'll be a BIG star soon) We also enjoyed Tony E., from Blue Lagoon, for a week! He is a fabulours Corp. Chef ~~~Maitre's D's, adorable, Lucca ~~ Also, Karl and William ~~they were aboard training staff.

Big news for the Pride March 17th Crosser's: Karl will be our

Maitre'D !!!! Say "Yippppeee!"

Marla, CD, was truly fantastic!!! JB said, "Marla is a darling young Jan Stearman." Music was THE best I've ever heard on a Seabourn voyage! Grrrreat duo in the Club. Barbara and Nadia, as always, did an outstanding job! Folks kept Nadia busy booking the Odyssey~~~

World Cruise sounds inviting! Many "perks" will be given.

All in all, it was one of the best cruises I've ever experienced and enjoyed aboard a Seabourn Sister~~~

Mr. J.B. was saddened when I strolled down the gangway ~~he'll be aboard another month. But my good friends, from Belguim, T. & H. V.'s will keep him busy and will be excellent and fun company as they are also on board for another month.

Miss Pam's next President's Cruise will be in Jan., 2009, the Spirit. We received gorgeous invitations ~~~

Please know I missed each and everyone of you ~~~but, good news is: we'll sail together very soon ~~~either March 17th Pride Crossing, Oct. 08 Pride TA Crossing ~~~or Odyssey June 24th, 2009, Odyssey Oct. 31st 2009 Maiden TA Crossing.......

Will be happy to answer any questions ~~~(truthfully ? maybe !;) )

Martita B.

Seabourn Scalawag

Welcome Home, Texas Sailor-ette!

I'm sure anyone who has not yet sailed through the canal is envious - I sure am. Just a few questions for you ...

• How was the beach barbeque on the cay off the coast of Belize? Did it remind you of Prickly Pear?
  • Did you blow your top at any volcanoes?
  • Did Madame President have any special surprises for her electorate, the loyal club members?
  • I know you specialize in leisurely crossings, but did this cruise have enough sea days for you to wreak havoc amongst the unsuspecting passengers and crew?

Glad to hear Marla received a well-deserved promotion ... she's quite the southern belle.

Happy Sails!

johnny

Johnny

The beach party picnic in Belize was so much fun inspite of drenching rain thru'out the day ~~ added more to the feeling of being shipwrecked on a tropical island!:confused: Yep, "Gilligan's Island!" I think I enjoyed it more than Prickly Pear ~Virgin Gorda.

Miss Pam gave 3 informative and interesting presentations. Very well done ~~as she's a great speaker.

I didn't have enough sea days ~~~~I did manage however, to host 2 "Texas" dinner parties in the Sky Bar (between the fire doors, of course) Table decorations included small Texas desktop Texas flags, but in front of Captain Tom T., a Norwegian desktop flag! (same colors, 'ya know) Texas cocktail napkins, rattlesnake eggs, Sheriff badges were placecards, etc., etc. ~~Both "Yee Haw" evenings were enjoyed ! A few of the other guests dining at the Sky Grill were scratching their heads I noticed :confused: ~~~~Also, I gave "Seabourn Scalawag" button/pins to those deserving pot-stirrer's !:eek:

We all had a grand time ~~it was a most happy Legend Castle!

Hug's sent,

Martita B.

Archived