Regent Seven Seas "2 for 1" Specials

Roz

I haven't seen any posts here about solo cruising on Regent Seven Seas. My questions are:

1. What is Regent's usually policy on solo cruisers? Do they automatically charge double or do they generally offer a lower single supplement?

2. Do they allow singles/solos to take advantage of the "2 for 1" specials? In other words, can a single have the cabin to themselves for the same price as one double occupancy fare?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Roz

This got answered on the Regent board, but for those looking here for the answer, they do get the deal. I booked a 2 for 1 and paid half plus 40%. They have solo get togethers. This generally gives people someone to dine with and then you may meet others to do other things with.

Roz, I took advantage of one of Regent's two for one specials and got the good price. BUT, I found Regent to be not single friendly, at all. Again, as with NCL, it's open seating and whenever I walked into the dining room as a solo, the head waiter looked at me like I had a disease. Now realize, I've been on 50 cruises and I'm used to cruising solo, but I've never gotten that feeling from any other cruise line. Another time, on this same cruise, I went up to the breakfast buffet at a time when just about every passenger was off on tours. I had my plate of food and headed to an open table for four next to the window when a waiter grabbed the plate from my hands and said, "singles don't sit at tables for 4, only tables for 2", and he promptly took me to a table for two next to the dirty dish station. Another woman who was dining solo was sitting at another table and said to me that the same thing happened to her the morning before---even though most of the buffet was empty of passengers, they refused to allow her to sit at a table for four. After that, I swore I'd never give Regent another dollar of my money.

Darcie,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Doesn't sound very hospitable. This is the kind of information I'm looking for. I'll probably try Crystal before I try Regent.

Roz

Archived