Romance/Culinary Packages...

EchoSix

Has anyone gotten these before?

We're not big drinkers, especially champagne. My wife enjoys some brands of wines (mostly whites) and even though she likes one or two champagnes, she doesn't drink them because they go right to her head.

Usually that's a "plus" for me :D, but with champagne, it makes her sleepy almost immediately, as opposed to what wine does. :p Hee-Hee-Hee. :p

And I try to stick to Corona or Guinness or something similar when I drink socially. I've never been able to handle liquor though. Except Tequila for some reason. GOOD Tequila, that is. That goes down great.

Anyway... Are the prices they offer through the Royal Caribbean website worth it and is it at all possible to substitute champagne for a white wine, if they're asked nicely? And who would I ask, to get it done properly?

I was looking at the Classic Romance package (we're only doing a 6 night cruise), but only if they could substitute the champagne. And maybe get a bouquet of flowers to go along with it.

Whatyathink? :)

On our last cruise we purchased a wine package for the first time. I thought it was well worth it and will purchase it every time. When ordering wine by the glass every night the price really gets you in the end. :eek:

The wine steward gave us the wine list and reminded us which package to choose from every night. It was fun to get something different each night.

My sisters purchased the Romance Package for my DH and I for our 25th anniversary we traded out the Champagne for the other choice and I can't remember what it was ( 2 choice champagne or ???) We really enjoyed the package and it was such a surprise. :D

I personally do not think it is worth the $$. We bought it once and weren't happy with it. But it would make a nice romantic gesture if you wanted to do it for your wife. I'm not sure about switching out the champagne because we didn't ask - I like champagne better than wine.

I agree with Apoggi, we ordered it once and the canape thrown away because they had been in the cabin for long before we got to them. You can order cheese plate from room service. It is alot fresher. Breakfast, you can order room service. I think you would be better off, just ordering the wine and picture frame seperate. The rest from room service. What you save on the package buy your wife a surprise like jewery or something you know she will like.

I hope my husband is reading this:)

You know... That makes an enormous amount of sense.

Why spend extra cash on food, when all the food on the ship is already paid for, including room service? Chops and Portofino's not included, of course.

Well... I think I'll get the flowers though, anyway. You crazy women love dying vegetation, don't you? :p

Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...

Archived