Invitation wording

kmigrrrl

I just have a question when it comes to the wording of our invitations. We will getting married May 9,2008 in port in Bayonne NJ on the Explorer of the Seas. I know ALL guests regardless of whether they are cruising or just attending the wedding ceremony/reception, have to be at the pier for 10:30AM. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we should word our invitations so that there is ABSOLUTELY no confusion on the part of our guests has to what is going to be happening that morning. Also due to the uniquiness of the wedding... being it is on the ship on a Friday morning,I want to give our guests some extra time to plan on being able to attend, when would be an appropriate time to send them out. We did already send out save the date magnets, but I know some of our family and friends are still not realizing all the logistics involved. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

-Kim

Wedding invitations should not be printed with complicated instructions, IMO. I would think an insert with the appropriate information would suffice.

It doesn't matter how clearly you word it; you will always have guests that will be confused!

HI Kim, well i sent out a letter along with the save the dates explaning everything that they need to do to book, itenerary, and to make plans to be in town no later than the day before. I put 10:30 on the invitation, and if anyone asks i tell them that that is when they have to be there but the wedding will be a little later, if you put the time of the wedding, which you wont really know until a few weeks before the wedding, than it will just confuse people, just put 1030 so people know when they have to be there. I sent out my invites like 3 months before, i needed some extra time to get my lists together. But if you do send out the invitations this early, i would recommend putting a letter in there with all of the specifics. I also included a letter that RR gave me to the guests it just talked about different things for the sailing and non-sailing guests. I wouldnt ask your guests to respond this early though, because things may change or people may decide to come who weren't going to come etc. For the response card i put Sailing guest (and a place for the room number), Nonsailing guests (and i made a seperate enclosure for them to fill out) and not able to attend. The invitations were tricky for me also since it is unique, you kind of have to design them yourself. Hope this helps! :D best wishes!

I didn't even put a time on the invitations. No extra information was on them. I added an insert explaining everything (times, dates, travel advice, prices, hotels, EVERYTHING). Even after that, I still had lots of confused guests. I swear some people don't read lol. Heres what ours looks like:

invitation.jpg.da0522d18ec317c3170ca1a916909447.jpg

I didn't even put a time on the invitations. No extra information was on them. I added an insert explaining everything (times, dates, travel advice, prices, hotels, EVERYTHING). Even after that, I still had lots of confused guests. I swear some people don't read lol. Heres what ours looks like:

Where did you get your invitations? I am having the hardest time finding any that aren't a lot of money. I was considering making my own with scrap booking supplies, but I see that yours has an actual Carnival ship.

Archived