Best hotels in Galveston?

Perini3

I'm suprised no one mentioned the Tremont House as well. If I was making a list of the best hotels these would be my top picks.

Tremont House - It's a Wyndam property and is in the middle of the historic district and close to the port. The original hotel was built in 1839.

Hotel Galvez - Also a Wyndam property. It's a grand historic hotel along the beach. Very beautiful hotel with a great pool.

Hilton Hotel - Very nice hotel

Moody Gardens Hotel - Very nice hotel. On the property is also the Aquariam Pyramid, Discovery Museum, IMAX 3D, 4D Ridefilm theater, private lagoon, nice pool, and the Colonel Paddlewheel boat.

I totally agree with colnago...after living close to Galveston and visiting the island many times over the last 30 years, these are the first hotels I would visit! We have stayed at all the hotels mentioned above except Moody Gardens but have friends that stayed there and loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my daughter and her new husband a room at the Grace Manor Bed and Breakfast in Galveston. It's on Post Office St. and the Strand is within walking distance. The room was gorgeous with a nice balcony overlooking the garden in back. Breakfast was fantastic in the morning she said. Mimosas, quiche, meats, pastries, fresh fruits, etc, and even a chocolate whiskey cake for dessert.

She said the house was beautiful and Barbara was a most gracious host. She said that they were very spoiled while they were there and it was a highlight on their honeymoon. They spent the night before their Conquest cruise there and free secure parking down by the pier is provided for the week. So, no shuttle is necessary and it may be easier to leave their parking than the pier's parking areas.

Grace Manor's website is www.gracemanor-galveston.com

DH and I stayed here weekend before Christmas and couldn't have been more pleased. You are right, we were spoiled by Barbara and she makes you feel like family. If you are looking for a exceptional stay with all the luxury, then stay at Grace Manor. I am sold and may never go back to a Galveston Hotel. The breakfast was awesome. We even had breakfast desert with Mimosa's. The mansion 103 years old and is beautifully decorated. I spent so much time just admiring the furnishings and architecture. :D You will not be sorry if you stay here.

uh oh! we're staying there next month. I'm a light sleeper, too. Maybe I'll have an extra glass of wine before bed to help me sleep.

I stayed at this hotel and really didn't notice the noise but if you arrive and notice the noise by all means let the front desk know. They are very accommodating.

Archived