NCL Maui Downhill Bike Excursion

fabby50

I had tried to find out some info on here about the cancelled Downhill Bike Excursions and had no luck, so I thought I'd post what we decided to do for others.

The excursions through the ship have been cancelled until further notice. I was hoping they would change the route like some of the tour companies have done, but they haven't. What's strange is they still allow you to book it and aren't notifying anyone. I called to cancel ours (we're going on the Dec. 10th cruise) and try and book something else active (hiking, snorkeling, etc.), but all the active shore excursions are already booked. I suggest if you're booked on this tour, you call to try and get something else as soon as possible.

We now have reservations through adventuremaui.com for the second day. They will pick us up at the dock take us to the top of the volcano for touring and then we go down about 10 miles down the moutain for staging the bike ride. A continental breakfast and lunch is included.

Another note - I tried probably 10 tour company sites to try and find an active excursion for the first day. However, most tours start during the 7:00 a.m. hour and I have been unsuccessful in finding something to sign up for for that day that starts after 8:00 a.m. which is when we port.

• Administrators
I had tried to find out some info on here about the cancelled Downhill Bike Excursions and had no luck, so I thought I'd post what we decided to do for others.

The excursions through the ship have been cancelled until further notice. I was hoping they would change the route like some of the tour companies have done, but they haven't. What's strange is they still allow you to book it and aren't notifying anyone. I called to cancel ours (we're going on the Dec. 10th cruise) and try and book something else active (hiking, snorkeling, etc.), but all the active shore excursions are already booked. I suggest if you're booked on this tour, you call to try and get something else as soon as possible.

We now have reservations through adventuremaui.com for the second day. They will pick us up at the dock take us to the top of the volcano for touring and then we go down about 10 miles down the moutain for staging the bike ride. A continental breakfast and lunch is included.

Another note - I tried probably 10 tour company sites to try and find an active excursion for the first day. However, most tours start during the 7:00 a.m. hour and I have been unsuccessful in finding something to sign up for for that day that starts after 8:00 a.m. which is when we port.

Thanks for this update. I wanted to add I think you will be pleased with Mountain Riders (at least, it appears that's who adventuresinmaui.com is still using for these trips). Missing the bike ride on the top part within the National Park is a disappointment, I know -- but we REALLY enjoyed the service and professional dealings we encountered with this company on our July sunrise excursion. You'll be getting on the bikes at about the same point I chose to during our excursion (I'd had some light-headedness/altitude sickness at the summit and opted to ride in the van until we got down lower -- a good choice for me, and I really enjoyed the rest of the bike ride). Their guides were just super, and I hope you have a marvelous experience, as we did! :)

PS it's a bummer about the price increase necessitated by the current "stand down" instituted by the National Parks Service. That's nearly a 50% increase over the price of our tour, for less biking time. :(

Archived