Cuban food?

crusing4fun

You can't go wrong at Puerto Sagua on Collins Ave at 7th in South Beach. Here's some reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/SRRI61ud20RWX5mAJ-UiuQ

Puerto Sagua is my favorite in Miami Beach. The outlets of Versailles and La Carreta are good in Miami Airport if you're not able to visit their other locations or you're stuck at MIA.

The concierge at the Intercontinental recommended Bongo's for within walking distance. In Little Havana he recom. Versailles and in South Beach, either Yucca or Lario's.

Has anyone tried the first one or the last one?

Thanks,

Sandy

Downtown Miami, and certainly within walking distance from the Bayside area during the day time, has a number of authentic Cuban and Columbian restaurants. Many of them are just little "holes in the wall" or somewhat hidden with names like "Emily's" or "Cacique" or just "Cafe", but some of the best Cuban food I've had has come from some of those little "ma and pop" places and the prices are surprisingly cheap too. Often for $7.00 I can get a lunch plate which lasts me for two days! And breakfast...a FULL breakfast for under $3.00. Shopping downtown in the small shops (not Macy's) also brings bargains like that.

Archived