Another Smuggling Question

Hayward2

You can order as many bottles of wine as you would like from the Wine Cellar to be delivered to your cabin. Wine and Dine pkg is for the dining room, but bottles from the Wine Cellar gives you either option....and what day too, I believe.

I, for one, do not like wine. It sucks that even the lines that allow wine should allow one bottle of booze. I would order a booze if they had a "Booze & Cruise" package for my room. But they don't. I normally don't drink but cruising puts you in the spirit of things. Wine would just make me sick.

From personal experience . . .

The wine and dine package. What you don't finish at dinner can be taken back to your room, or to the show, or to the club or kept in the dining room until the next night. If you don't finish all your bottles you can take them home. I don't know if you ask for one to go back to the room that the dining room would have any issue. Have had some lovely afternoons on the balcony finishing off last nights bottle.:p

Disguising liquor in water bottles. Been there, done that. Not worth the effort.

Pack it in your suitcase. Ditto. Easier than disguises.;)

The best thing, however, is just buy something in port. Each time I have bought wine or liquor in a port I have been able to just walk right on the ship, through x-ray and up to the room without being stopped. Either there was no "check your liquor" table or no one was manning it. Each time that I did this, however, I didn't consume on the ship as I was buying the booze for home or friends. My next cruise will be different:D !

I've brought 12 packs of soda, no problem. Small cases of bottled water, no problem.

ok Jallison, will you share???? waterbugmom@hotmail.com

anybody else have any suggestions, please throw them my way. We are doing first ever cruise in just over 1 year and are celebrating our 25th anniversary. Would like to celebrate privately in the room with some drinks!!!

We have always packed our liquor in with our checked luggage. I just put it in the middle of our clothes and send it on its way at the pier in the checked luggage pile. We plan on doing this again on FOS in 10 days, I'll let you know how it goes!

Has anyone ever taken miniatures on board successfully (the ones you get on the aircraft). Also, what about quarter bottles of wine (again like airline ones)?????????

:)

You can get those mini bottles at any local liquor store or convenience store. They fit nicely with your toiletries. Even further.... buy a bottle of rum and pour 1/2 of it into one of those plastic squeeze things for shampoo you get in the travel section of target. Along with the rest of your toiletries, who'se to say its whiskey versus shampoo.

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE IS TO HAVE MY 'LADIES POUCH' FULL OF PADS AND TAMPONS..... NO ONE WILL LOOK THROUGH THERE IF THEY SEE THOSE ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!

We always pack a bottle of whiskey and a box of wine in our checked luggage. If they want to take it and return it to us the last day, so be it. However, this has never happened, so we always have our own drinks on the balcony. The bottle stays in plain sight. We have cruised 5 times since the "new" alcohol policy BTW.

Are these bottle always in a plastic bottle with a plastic top?

I usually get the traveler type of bottles, like the plastic with plastic tops and have not had problems at all with the past 3 cruises, and I always put them in my checked luggage. I know you can't get all your liquors all plastic but you can always put them in a different container.

lovecruisin,

these look great. I have seen them on another thread. Just wondered though if the xray machines at port detect just metal or do they show liquid of any kind. Not sure if I would want these in my bags if liquids show up.

What do you go thru when in the ports, the same thing. We wouldn't bring much, we are very light drinkers. Maybe just some rum if we buy it on one of the islands.

I am still laughing at those pictures, ha. Somewhere, way back, there was a picture of what the x-ray scanners actually saw. It was very detailed and nothing would be hidden. I have used the rumrunners and they worked great, no problem. Just put them in my checked luggage and away they went. I did fill them completely so that there were no air bubbles, maybe that helped.:rolleyes:

We have always packed our liquor in with our checked luggage. I just put it in the middle of our clothes and send it on its way at the pier in the checked luggage pile. We plan on doing this again on FOS in 10 days, I'll let you know how it goes!

mgoblue we are on FOS with you and plan to pack it in the suitcases. It has always worked before. I don't take gallons of the stuff just a little something before dinner.

The cruise lines have put us in a position where we are forced to be smugglers. I would pay top dollar and add more to their coffers if they would let me buy a bottle on board. I don't like having to pack booze in my luggage but they have left me no choice. I am on vacation and will have a drink in my room without having to go fetch it! We always pack one bottle each in two of the checked luggage pieces in case one gets confiscated, but that has never happened. Cheers!

Cynthia

The cruise lines have put us in a position where we are forced to be smugglers. I would pay top dollar and add more to their coffers if they would let me buy a bottle on board. I don't like having to pack booze in my luggage but they have left me no choice. I am on vacation and will have a drink in my room without having to go fetch it! We always pack one bottle each in two of the checked luggage pieces in case one gets confiscated, but that has never happened. Cheers!

Cynthia

Sure its the cruise lines fault.

Let me ask you several questions: how would you add to their coffers if you would be allowed to bring alcohol onboard? You probably would bring more alcohol onboard if allowed. So if at all, you'd be spending less onboard.

Then you say that you don't like putting alcohol in your luggage. How would you bring alcohol onboard if you were allowed? Carry on? How many bottles? 2, 3, 4? I bet, the first time you stand in line and you carry bottles of liqueur as a carry on it will be the last time, especially if you are delayed and you have to stand a while longer in line. So where would the bottles go the next time? In your luggage.

Your next reason is that you want to have a drink in your room. I hear that all the time. There is no no-alcohol-in-staterooms rule. You can have a drink anytime in your room. Most bars are open until 2 or 3 am. Get a drink there and take it to your room. Thats what I do. It is not even an inconvenience.

Every reason you and others have given are easy to contradict. Even the money saving reason didn't work. In another thread a smuggler and I have discovered that if you drink a bottle of liqueur through a 5 Night cruise (mixed as drinks) you'd save about $20 per day if you smuggle the liqueur onboard instead of buying mixed drinks onboard.

So, $20/day is such a great reason to break the rules?

So, what is the reason for smuggling? The thrill? Looking cool? Showing "oh I can beat the authorities"?

I just don't see any other reason.

The cruise lines have put us in a position where we are forced to be smugglers. I would pay top dollar and add more to their coffers if they would let me buy a bottle on board. I don't like having to pack booze in my luggage but they have left me no choice. I am on vacation and will have a drink in my room without having to go fetch it!

Oh, please. :rolleyes: I don't really worry about whether people try to sneak alcohol on or not, as it doesn't really directly affect me. But nobody is forcing you to be a smuggler. It's simply kindergarten, "you can't tell me what to do" behavior.

Archived