hotel shuttle tip question

stellatj

the hotel will provide a free shuttle to and from the ship

what is the standard tip. sorry i never took a shuttle

i was thinking 5.00 for both of us but just want to be sure i dont want to under tip anyone.

that's fine....unless you have a lot of stuff..then a couple more bucks....but for 2 of you with average luggage, 5 bucks is plenty. (i am a buck a bag type tipper....so we usually have 3 or 4 between us, and i round up.....$5 would be what i usually tip.....)

Thanks for asking this question! Where I live, we really aren't expected to tip often, other than servers at restaurants, and cab drivers. Of course, bellmen at hotels, too... but when travelling to all these "touristy" places, I sometimes have to think twice before I leave a place, and try to make sure that everyone I am expected to tip gets theirs! Seems everyone has their hand out... I especially notice this in Vegas.

Dee

• Administrators
that's fine....unless you have a lot of stuff..then a couple more bucks....but for 2 of you with average luggage, 5 bucks is plenty. (i am a buck a bag type tipper....so we usually have 3 or 4 between us, and i round up.....$5 would be what i usually tip.....)

I agree, base it on the bags they handle for you -- $1 per bag, with rounding up, has always "felt" right to us. An a non-cruise example, every year we check into a downtown hotel near us for a convention. Since we live nearby we have a cooler, some grocery bags of goodies/snacks, plus a few pieces of regular luggage -- the total of items is about 12. I just stick $15 in my pocket, and that's what we tip for the bellmen to transfer that stuff to the hotel room. A shuttle driver who takes your stuff, fits it into the van, then takes it out and hands it to you should get about the same -- $1 per bag, with rounding up.

Archived