Snack Attack

May4

We bring aboard a couple cans of the "good nuts" to have as a snack! My latest favorite is a mix from BJ's that is mostly pecans with some pistachios and cashews thrown into the mix. I leave nothing to chance...LOL! Guess we're good nuts!

Sheila you are a lady after my own heart! My DH and I recently discovered this mix.....I was in heaven - he ate the cashews and I got the pecans and pistachios!

Ooh, never thought of ordering a cheese plate from room service! Next cruise . ..

What I like for a snack in the afternoon is probably pretty weird. On the ships where the bread pudding is out for self-service, my favorite is to pick up a coffee cup and fill it with the sauce that is supposed to go over the bread pudding. Then I sip on it like any hot beverage. Yummy! I love custard in all forms and this is a great one.

For years we've heard about all the wonderful food treats awaiting us on HAL and just reading these posts are making me wonder-HOW WILL WE CHOOSE A SNACK? So, if you could only choose one extra snack/dessert per cruise, what would it be and where can I get one?

Okay, I think I've got the solution for you. Watch for the time and locale of the afternoon tea. Get yourself there a little before time, get settled and then wait for the trays to be brought around. There's the one with nut breads and pound cake. I let that one go by because I'm saving room. Next come trays of cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon on bread and the like. Grab those! There are trays of cakes, etc. too. But I wait for the scones with cream and preserves. Heavenly.

So that counts as just one snack, right?

When we were on the NOORDAM from 9/30 to 10/19, I got hooked on stopping by the salad bar in the afternoon and taking a few of the really delicious mozzarella balls. They were the size of little cherry tomatoes and you could just pop them in your mouth. After a couple of stops, I got my husband hooked on them too! HMMMM!!! DELICIOUS!!!!

Keetle One on the rocks.. Rocks are a great snack.!.!:D

I've become quite fond of Vodka Gibsons over the years.... love them PICKLED PEARL ONIONS as a snack!

(In fact, switched to Gibsons, as I lost a taste for Martini Olives! - same booze, different munchies!) ;)

Archived