Snack Attack

May4

When HAL cruising, I often gravitate to my favorite between meal treats. For example, I might breeze by the Terrace Grill and get a few corn chips and salsa, or I might score a cookie from the ice cream station. Or I just might get a piece of cheese or two from the sandwich station along with some crackers. You know, just to tide me over until the next meal.

How about you? What's your fall back snack??????:p

I really enjoyed the Volendam's salad bar. Also became fond of their "taco bar" with one criticism.....

The corn tortillas were awfully stale.... I'm assuming from the humidity. :confused:

The texture was all wrong, but there was quite a selection of "goop"! :D

When HAL cruising, I often gravitate to my favorite between meal treats. For example, I might breeze by the Terrace Grill and get a few corn chips and salsa, or I might score a cookie from the ice cream station. Or I just might get a piece of cheese or two from the sandwich station along with some crackers. You know, just to tide me over until the next meal.

We bring aboard a couple cans of the "good nuts" to have as a snack! My latest favorite is a mix from BJ's that is mostly pecans with some pistachios and cashews thrown into the mix. I leave nothing to chance...LOL! Guess we're good nuts!

Ahoy!

Late afternoon after a tiring day by the pool and followed by a 'short' nap: a room service delivery of a cheese platter.

Arriving back to the stateroom from the 'Crow's Nest' or 'Ocean Bar' @ midnight or so: a room service delivery of a cookie platter and milk.

We naturally try to overdo it calorie-wise while cruising. NOT!!!!

SNACK ON!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

I really enjoyed the Volendam's salad bar. Also became fond of their "taco bar" with one criticism.....

The corn tortillas were awfully stale.... I'm assuming from the humidity. :confused:

The texture was all wrong, but there was quite a selection of "goop"! :D

Yes, the humidity does a number on the shells and chips, but oh those nachos are so good. cheese and meat and gucamole and tomatoes....

homer-drool.gif

Ahoy!

Late afternoon after a tiring day by the pool and followed by a 'short' nap: a room service delivery of a cheese platter.

Arriving back to the stateroom from the 'Crow's Nest' or 'Ocean Bar' @ midnight or so: a room service delivery of a cookie platter and milk.

We naturally try to overdo it calorie-wise while cruising. NOT!!!!

SNACK ON!

Bob:)

I have never ordered any snacks from room service and that ain't right!

Ahoy!

When ordering 'muchies (aka snacks) through room service one needs not only use only the menu items found in the welcome aboard book. You may order 'off-menu' and request a few sliced strawberries (never treid ordering the choc covered ones though, hmm... nest cruise), a slice or two or cantelope or honeydew, and some cheese and crackers. Ice cream, sherbets, slices of pies, etc. are always available. Geez, I'm salivating.

I always keep a single or two handy (for tipping) for such indulgences.

Doesn't get any better then that, no?

Have a GREAT CRUISE (and watch that waist : huh?...NOT!)

Bob:) ('bilge rat')

I never eat between meals! :eek:

Archived