Hand sanitiser on Star/Sun?

aussie57

...how long before entering the buffet did the person last wash their hands?

Karen

The person ahead of you in the buffet can have germs on hands which transfer to serving spoon, then to you. Eeeeuuuw. Also, I've seen people in the buffet, pick up a muffin, piece of fruit, bread roll etc with fingers, then change their mind & replace it. So it can be a worry as sanitiser won't help with that!

I don't doubt that washing hands is just as effective, but the problem is....how long before entering the buffet did the person last wash their hands? I also carry it with me (cruise or not). A few days into our cruise on the Dawn I was in a public toliet near the pool. Their was an older lady in the cubicle next to me commenting to her friend waiting that she had been told not to use the public toilets but go down to her cabin as their was less chance of getting sick. She then flushed the toilet & walked straight outside......without washing her hands.

Karen

And even after hand washing, I just wonder how clean the toilet door handle is when you leave. Gel should be mandatory, as it is the sick persons hygiene you have to worry about more than your own.

Cheers

Geoff

As well as Aquium Gel we use medi swabs,little square individually wrapped alcohol wipes to wipe the cutlery in the buffet,this may seem over the top but it has worked for many years traveling in Asia,been sick there b4 but never since using medi swabs.

Big tip for smokers, Wipe your hand with a medi swab befor lighting up,hand to mouth spreads most germs the quickest,think of door handles in the toilet and hand rails on the stairs:eek: This is why smokers usually get sick first. It may seem over the top and usually I am a bit of a grub but if you have ever had a bad case of Bali belly,Thai tummy or Cruise cholic ( dont know what that cruise virus is called?) Then it can spoil the whole holiday for both yourself and traveling companions.

And even after hand washing, I just wonder how clean the toilet door handle is when you leave.

Cheers

Geoff

There are signs in the toilets to use paper towel to open the doors and there is a bin placed there so you can drop it straight in after opening.

Karen

Archived