LA parking - Monarch

jerseygirl226

There is parking at the pier for $12 / day. If you are planning on express departure this is a good option because you literally park right in front of the terminal and freeway access is right there.

Several of the hotels offer a cruise parking option with a one night stay. With the parking option you leave your vehicle at the hotel and they shuttle you to the cruise center. The three I know of are the Doubletree (nice package with champagne), the Best Western (closest to pier) and the Vagabond (least expensive, but lower end accommodations)

Lastly here is the web link for the San Pedro Crusie Center:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

*4-time member of the Monarch fan club*

There is lots of really good information about the Los Angeles ports on the West Coast Departures forum. It wouldn't surprise me if this post ends up getting moved over there anyway.

Also, I've got a Los Angeles Cruise Port map which can show you where some of these things that have been mentioned are located.

Good luck!

Theron

You pay the parking fee when you leave the lot after disembarking the ship. Nothing special to park there; just drive in, get your 'ticket' at the entrance gate, and find a parking spot. It is close enough that, unless you have tremendous amounts of luggage, you merely park, and wheel (or carry) your luggage to the terminal. If you don't want to tote your luggage from parking, you bypass the parking entrance and drive around the parking area to the front of the terminal, stop and unload the luggage, leaving someone of your group to watch it, then continue around the 'circle' to the entrance for parking.

When you get to the San Pedro cruise port, go through the gate and to your left will be the parking lot for the Monarch. Once you park, depending how early you get there they usually start boarding between 11:30 am and noon, you only have to walk about 100 feet and the porters will meet you to take the bags and then you walk into the terminal to check in.

Of all the ports we have sailed from where parking was used this is the best! Easy in and easy out and the cost is $12.00/day.

Enjoy your cruise, the Monarch is a very nice ship and the crew are excellent too.

When you get off the Harbor Fwy at the Harbor Blvd off ramp, stay in the middle lane. You'll drive straight across Harbor Blvd. right into the World Cruise Center. You'll probably will be following several cars and taxis anyway. You'll pass by a guard booth and will see a sign that lists all the ships in port that day and their berth number (usually 92, 93, 94). You can drive up to that terminal (you'll see the ships:) ), pull up to the unloading zone. Your passengers can get out with the luggage, then you drive back down to the parking lot (which is right there), and then walk or take the shuttle back up to the terminal. Very easy.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is the new check in procedure at port of Los Angeles? I get many different stories.

I am a platinum member of Princess Cruise, and wondering if there are exceptions to get on board?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to ask on the Princess board. But if there's a brand new check in procedure, you might want to wait a few weeks and ask then as the LA cruising season is just starting up again and see if there actually is a new procedure.

I can tell you that a couple of years ago there were separate check in stations for elite/platinum. But even though we were still Gold (next cruise: platinum!), we were lucky timing-wise when we arrived (by noon) and only one party in the line for the Aloha/Lido decks...and were immediately waved over to the plat/elite check in clerk.

All go thru the same entry doors and IIRC same security lines. Do not remember going thru a special line to go thru the security.

Last March there were separate lines and waiting room for 'VIP'. On some cruises there has been overflow because there are too many pax for the room.

Haven't heard that it has changed since then.