Hotel Alimandi Vaticani - Rome

Hoping to get some help here...

We are considering the Hotel Alimandi Vaticano for our pre-cruise stay in Rome next October. I need to email them with a few specific questions, but every website I go to for their hotel (their own, trip advisor etc) has no email address. The reviews say their service is great - but why don't they want to communicate - only get bookings from an online booking process?

:confused:

Can anyone help with email contact info?

Hi auntdot, We stayed at this hotel a year and a half ago and loved it! I looked for their email address and you're right, it's hard to find. So I googled it and this address does sound familiar to me (we emailed them too before our trip).

Try alimandi@tin.it

I'm sure you'll love Hotel Alimandi too!

After researching - that was my first choice - but we needed a triple and there was none available when we booked.

Now one has become available - but we are all set and I'll stay where I am. But it looked wonderful and many people wrote great reviews about this hotel.

I recently received a reply from them sent from this email address.

alimandi@hotelalimandie.191.it

I would think that should work for you.

Mike

Thanks, Mike! This one worked! The hotel has replied and I think we are almost 100% for Alimandi Vaticano. It's more expensive than we were hoping to pay for accommodation, but has too many plusses to quibble over a few Euros!

grazie!

Dot

Wonderful! Their email address must have changed since we were there, I'm glad you reached them. Yes, they have wonderful perks, don't miss the free internet access downstairs in the "gym"! When we were there we were the only ones in the room every time! There are 2 Alimandi's, I think one is 3 star and the other 4 (could have the number of stars wrong). We were in the lower star number, a little less expensive but had all the perks and was beautiful. It's just across the street from the Vatican and near the other hotel.

We are considering this hotel and the Albergo del Senato. del Senato quoted us 295 euro/per night for a standard double. We are staying 3 nights in late April 2008, pre cruise. Alimandi's web site says 260 euro's for a superior double. What do you think? Can't seem to decide. Alimandi seems a bit far out except, obviously, for the Vatican. del Senato definately has a great location. For tours we are probably going to hire a private guide so being a ways away from everything probably woldn't matter. Any thoughts everyone???

emcee, We are staying post cruise at the Albergo del Senato in early August. We have a rate of $260E for a superior double with a view of the Pantheon. I noticed that the rates at Albergo change frequently. Maybe you can negotiate with them? If you want a vibrant nightlife then the Albergo is the place to stay. The cost of taxi's from that area back to the Alimandi are around $10E, so you might be spending more money in taxi's. Alimandi has the convenience of being near the Vatican, but if I remember correctly, it's more of a residential neighborhood and quiet at night. It does have great reviews on tripadvisor though, but the one negative seems to be that it's far away from everything else.

Yes, H A V is away from the hustle and bustle, which is why we chose it. DH is a very light sleeper and we will be so exhausted from the daytime activites that we both need a good night's sleep.

We emailed them directly as we had questions. They were very prompt in getting back to us and, for our stay in October, they quoted a rate of 200 E /night because we mentioned Rick Steves' book and Trip Advisor in the email. They also have 4 shuttles daily from the airport which was a plus for us.

We also have some mobility issues so an elevator is a must, being SO close to the Vatican means that the day we spend there we wont have to worry about taxis, trains etc.

Emcee - good luck in your search for the best hotel for you!

:) the hotel alimani vaticano 4 star rated is across the street from the Vatican and has great small eateries around within a 3block ...the airport shuttle is a plus..and the breakfas they included in the room rate last year was good too..they have the Hotel Alimandi 3star rating 3 blocks from the one mentioned and maybe the rates there would be cheaper...We love the 4star alimandi and yes the beds are great and the area is quiet....

Yes, H A V is away from the hustle and bustle, which is why we chose it. DH is a very light sleeper and we will be so exhausted from the daytime activites that we both need a good night's sleep.

We emailed them directly as we had questions. They were very prompt in getting back to us and, for our stay in October, they quoted a rate of 200 E /night because we mentioned Rick Steves' book and Trip Advisor in the email. They also have 4 shuttles daily from the airport which was a plus for us.

We also have some mobility issues so an elevator is a must, being SO close to the Vatican means that the day we spend there we wont have to worry about taxis, trains etc.

Emcee - good luck in your search for the best hotel for you!

Bonnieg, thanks for that info. I did write back to them after they originally quoted me 310 euro. They came back with the 295 euro. I'm gonna hit them between the eyes with your rate. August vs late April should be a no brainer.

I want to stay at the best place with the best location, I'm 54 and probably won't be back to Rome ever again. $100 bucks or more will be long forgotten in a few months. But, want to get the best deal we can get, of course. I'm also looking at a few hotels in the "Trastevere" area which is supoosedly full of great restaurants, bars etc. I can travel by day to the "sites" but also want to get some of the great local atmosphere. To me, just wandering a bit and getting some of the local atmosphere is as satisfying (maybe more) as seeing the Vatican or Spanish Steps, etc etc

Thanks to all who have helped

Bonnieg, thanks for that info. I did write back to them after they originally quoted me 310 euro. They came back with the 295 euro. I'm gonna hit them between the eyes with your rate. August vs late April should be a no brainer.

I want to stay at the best place with the best location, I'm 54 and probably won't be back to Rome ever again. $100 bucks or more will be long forgotten in a few months. But, want to get the best deal we can get, of course. I'm also looking at a few hotels in the "Trastevere" area which is supoosedly full of great restaurants, bars etc. I can travel by day to the "sites" but also want to get some of the great local atmosphere. To me, just wandering a bit and getting some of the local atmosphere is as satisfying (maybe more) as seeing the Vatican or Spanish Steps, etc etc

Thanks to all who have helped

I'm not real sure, but I think a lot of Europeans go on vacation in August, plus it is going to be hotter than blazes in August so maybe a cost break for those two reasons. April may be a peak time. I know when I started looking, I was surprised to see October was still considered high season, but guess lots of folks travel at those times to try and beat the heat, therefore prices are sky high, no deals to be had in October either.

This is one time I think it was smart to book early....WAY early! I booked the hotel Alimandi Vaticano in March or April 2007 for August 2008. We got 3 nights for 160 Euro/night. They did state that if we confirmed early, we would lock in 2007 rates, as rates would increase for 2008.

Hi Bonnie!!! Probably wish we were closer to you guys post cruise for some night life, but can't afford to change now!!:)

Janet

We stayed at the Alimandi Vaticano last month. I'm sitting here surrounded by bags I have not yet unpacked!! It was a GREAT hotel!!! The breakfast in the mornings (included) was the most extensive I've ever had in Europe. Pastries, cereals, yogurts, breads, poached eggs on sauteed mushrooms, salmon...they have a hot buffet table that has six different things on it. Delicious coffee. And you sit by the window and watch the streams of people going by to see the Vatican....groups of Japanese, groups of nuns, regular Italians going to work.... The hotel bathroom had a tub instead of just a shower...tubs are kind of rare in Rome. The beds were very comfortable. And when my ride to the port had not shown up and I was panicking the front desk was extremely helpful about finding transportation for me on the spur of the moment...and equally nice about cancelling it 20 minutes later when my fellow cruisecriticers finally showed up. And don't think that it is that far removed...I understand it would be for someone with mobility problems...but Rome is basically flat....and we walked easily to the Pantheon, Trevi, Navona.... Of course it was October/November, not the dead of summer.... And lots of places to eat nearby...

Archived