YIKES, need some advise

chascougs

Long story short, have cruise bought and paid for leaving Miami Dec 10. Just found out that I have a court date for that same day here in Charleston (dealing with visiation issues with my kids). Question is, if I can't get the hearing moved up or back a week, will I be able to change the booking for another date? I assume if I can, I would be granted a credit for the amount already paid and would have to pay difference in pricing plus any cancellation fees or rebooking fees. Thanks for any input.

Booked thru Travelocity and yes I did purchase insurance. Problem is I requested the emergancy hearing and told my attorney of my travel plans, either he forgot or neglected to inform the court of what days I would be available. Got a call into my lawyer to see about switching dates but thought I'd check on this end as well. Thanks for the reply.

Call immediately about changing your vacation. The cancellation fees increase the closer you get to a cruise. Also, not all travel insurance will cover you for things like court dates (especially ones you request).

I'd find out from your attorney first if he can change the date - it is easier to have him change the date than trying to change your sailing. You might have to cancel and rebook a new cruise - insurance usually doesn't allow you to switch - they pay for the cruise as long as the cancellation is for a covered reason.

I am not sure that a court date is covered by travel insurance unless you bought cancel for any reason insurance. You need to read your policy before you decide to cancel.

I'm hoping we can get the court date moved back a week. Problem might be that I am the one who requested the hearing...the future Mrs. Ex Chascougs has been denying visitation, changing the schedule on her whims, and generally being a Royal PITA. I have a call into my attorney, just waiting on a reply....trying to get ducks in line and make some contingency plans. If anyone has had a similar occurance, I'd sure like to hear about it.

My Experance is

Unless you have special insurance that covers anything it will cost you %50 of your cruise since your inside of 30 days.

RCCL has covrage (insurance) for this very thing.

Sorry but they are pretty strict on issue's like these.

No worries, just got off the phone with the attorney and he said no problem with me not being in court in person. He said he would be able to present an affidavit to the court and it should suffice. Looks like I'll be boarding Monday as planned:D

No worries, just got off the phone with the attorney and he said no problem with me not being in court in person. He said he would be able to present an affidavit to the court and it should suffice. Looks like I'll be boarding Monday as planned:D

Congratulations !! You sound more in need of a cruise than anyone I know! Bon Voyage !!! :)

Excellent news!! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

###

Archived