Carnival's Laundry Service...

cruiselover**

I wanted to hear from cruisers who have used Carnival's laundry service on-board. When you have given your cabin steward your clothing, have they ever misplaced or damaged any of your clothes? I was curious as to how they keep track of each passenger's garments. It's not like at camp when you were a small child and had your name sewn inside everything!

I am a platinum cruiser and have not taken advantage of this free perk and wanted to hear from cruisers that have used the service. Thanks in advance for all your help!

I wanted to hear from cruisers who have used Carnival's laundry service on-board. When you have given your cabin steward your clothing, have they ever misplaced or damaged any of your clothes? I was curious as to how they keep track of each passenger's garments. It's not like at camp when you were a small child and had your name sewn inside everything!

I am a platinum cruiser and have not taken advantage of this free perk and wanted to hear from cruisers that have used the service. Thanks in advance for all your help!

I've used this service, not as a Platinum guest, but as a paying to do laundry guest. I've used it when they have the $15 special on laundry.

It's very limited what can be put in the bag. Mostly underwear, socks, t-shirts and shorts. You fill out a slip of paper with the amounts of each item. They haven't lost anything of ours yet.

We used the wash-and-fold laundry service as Platinum guests on our Victory cruise in May. I sent out a bag almost every morning and it was back by 5:00pm every time. Never lost or damaged a thing. What a great perk, you can certainly pack a lot less.

We had some dark socks and something else, maybe dark boxers, that came back bleached out. It was no big deal but since then I don't send out anything that I would be devastated over if it got ruined. DH sends his dress shirts out for pressing.

We did the $15 laundry in the bag deal. Sent it out that morning, and it was supposed to be back in the cabin by 7pm. Well, it wasn't. We called the purser's desk and they referred us to our cabin steward. He came up, and found out it wouldn't be ready until the next morning. Problem was, my SO had put his dress shirts in to be pressed thinking we would have them back by 7pm as promised for formal night. So now, DH had nothing to wear to our late seating formal dinner. The room steward ran down to the laundry got one of his shirts, pressed it and brought it back up. Needless to say he was tipped very well. We still didn't get the rest of our laundry back until the next morning, however they removed the charge from our s&s bill because everything wasn't back to us as promised. We've used it one other time on a different ship since then, and had no problem.

The idea is great just be careful to send whites and lights only for the wash and fold. The only time I used it everything was returned clean but a bit dull.

We do use their regular laundry service and find it is quick and well done. We take our winnings from the Casio to pay for this indulgence.

That old saying “If Mama’s not happy no one is happy” works for me.

We did the $15 special twice on the Miracle and Destiny. Both returned everything and all was good except for 1 bag. Everything that was white in the bag came back with cream colored large "spots" all over them. We didn't feel like wasting our cruise time/vacation waiting in line at the purser's desk to complain, so we just lived with it. From now own, we'll be careful about what we send though....Nothing too nice or hard to replace.:)

Okay, dumb question #74...

I've heard that they have a pressing service for suits (such as are worn by men during formal evening.

I'd like to know if this might be correct, rather than bringing a steamer along to get the bound to happen wrinkles out of my suit jacket and trousers...

Thanks...

We only used it once, they didn't lose anything and the items were returned on time but they were all whites and they were kind of dingy. My eyes aren't what they once were but those clothes definitely came back with a tinge of grey in them. We won't do that again unless it's an emergency. :D

Okay, dumb question #74...

I've heard that they have a pressing service for suits (such as are worn by men during formal evening.

I'd like to know if this might be correct, rather than bringing a steamer along to get the bound to happen wrinkles out of my suit jacket and trousers...

Thanks...

Yes, they have a pressing service. As soon as we receive our bags we send out whatever needs pressing. Must stress that you need them returned sooner rather than later, for formal night.

I've used the laundry service twice (love those platinum perks) with no problems with fading or things looking dingy. I was quite pleased with the service. When I used the service on the Destiny I received my laundry back the following day. On the Paradise I received it the same day.

On the Inspiration b2b I used it alot. On top of the b2b, a couple fellow CC'ers showed up without luggage. She and my DD and I were about the same size so we shared clothing. I sent a lot out and went home with clean clothing:D . Nothing was faded, bleached. I did sort it but, it came back in the same bag, nice and clean and folded.

Archived