Island Marketing's newest day pass offer??

carissa921

Anyone been to or know what this is all about? It's called: "Cozumel Deluxe All Inclusive Resort Day Pass" and it sounds a lot like other resorts I've seen online or through the cruise ship. I am wondering if it is overcrowded or more like Nachi Cocum which seems to have less people. I wish they could give us the name so I could see pictures or look for reviews!

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResort.htm

Could it be a gimmick to get you to go to one of the regular resorts through them or is this something special?

Thanks!

Carissa

Anyone been to or know what this is all about? It's called: "Cozumel Deluxe All Inclusive Resort Day Pass" and it sounds a lot like other resorts I've seen online or through the cruise ship. I am wondering if it is overcrowded or more like Nachi Cocum which seems to have less people. I wish they could give us the name so I could see pictures or look for reviews!

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResort.htm

Could it be a gimmick to get you to go to one of the regular resorts through them or is this something special?

Thanks!

Carissa

That is what used to be the reef club, or what is now wyndham resort.

Yea its the Wyndham now and I'm still debating between here or Nachi.

The only knock this place has from what I heard is they use cheap liqour and Nachi uses better brands of alcohol is is less packed.

Here is all you can eat and Nachi is a 3 course meal.

Yea its the Wyndham now and I'm still debating between here or Nachi.

The only knock this place has from what I heard is they use cheap liqour and Nachi uses better brands of alcohol is is less packed.

Here is all you can eat and Nachi is a 3 course meal.

The other issue is the beach. Wyndham is all rocky whereas Nachi has nice sand.

So do you suggest the Wyndham over Nachi or vise versa. We are going in February and can't really decide what to do. The kids want to snorkel - but also a day at the beach with free food and drink sounds wonderful. Any suggestions?

We're taking our family to Nachi. They also have the "free" food and better quality drinks along with a much nicer beach. We'll have five kids there between mine and my sister's families ages 3-14. Nachi also has a nice pool for the kids and a hot tub for the adults.

Do you have to book Nachi through Island Marketing or can you take a cab and pay for a day pass when you get there? The open bar is not a big draw for our family but an uncrowded sandy beach is..........!

Thanks

You can request top shelf liquor at the Wyndham. I ordered a double shot of absolute then a diet coke & mixed myself.

The beach at the Wyndham is sandy, however, the water entrance is rocky. That does mean you can do a little bit of snorkeling at the Wyndham whereas the nice sandy beaches do not have snorkeling.

The Wyndham has a grill that was open all day & served fajitas, nachos, burgers, pizza, etc. Then there was a lunch buffet from noon - 4pm. The bar opened at 10:30.

The kids could get virgin frozen drinks which was a real treat for them!

We were at the Wyndham the day after Thanksgiving & it wasn't packed. Our group of 13 was able to get 2 shaded areas & lounge chairs.

If a nice sandy beach entrance is important, the Wyndham is not for you. However, if you want to hang out at the beach, swim, snorkel ... you might want to give it a try.

Many of the negative reviews of this resort were from when it was the Reef club. Since changing to the Wyndham, I think it has greatly improved.

You can request top shelf liquor at the Wyndham. I ordered a double shot of absolute then a diet coke & mixed myself.

The beach at the Wyndham is sandy, however, the water entrance is rocky. That does mean you can do a little bit of snorkeling at the Wyndham whereas the nice sandy beaches do not have snorkeling.

The Wyndham has a grill that was open all day & served fajitas, nachos, burgers, pizza, etc. Then there was a lunch buffet from noon - 4pm. The bar opened at 10:30.

The kids could get virgin frozen drinks which was a real treat for them!

We were at the Wyndham the day after Thanksgiving & it wasn't packed. Our group of 13 was able to get 2 shaded areas & lounge chairs.

If a nice sandy beach entrance is important, the Wyndham is not for you. However, if you want to hang out at the beach, swim, snorkel ... you might want to give it a try.

Many of the negative reviews of this resort were from when it was the Reef club. Since changing to the Wyndham, I think it has greatly improved.

Thank you for the updated info!

• 3 weeks later...

What we are interested in is the following

1. Water sports like Kayak to keep kids interested

2. We do not drink much alcohol during day

3. Snorkling

4. Very important is I want to scuba dive (certified) and 2 kids aged 16 & 10 want to do discovery dive-can this be arranged at either resort.

Thanks for anyones imput

Archived