Hurricane/Everglades Question

colette5479

I know this may be a bit off topic but I figured with all of the Florida natives on here, someone might know the answer. How has the two hurricanes affected the Everglades? I am an animal lover and I have really worried about all of the wildlife. I heard a report on The Weather Channel that wildlife rangers were asking people to be on the lookout for injured animals and to call the authorities if you spot one.

I cannot even imagine what the poor people of Florida are experiencing. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I appreciate all of the brave souls who are posting their experiences on CC. And it is wonderful to finally see everyone getting along:) Sad it took something like this to get it acomplished.

I read an article in my local paper this morning that said all the rain water can help flush out alot of the sediment build up and help clense the major water ways in the everglades by all the free flowing water it said hurricanes are natures way renewing the enviroment it says man is still the everglades worst enemy. Some of the wild life is afected where it makes some of them more easy targets for preditors.

• 3 weeks later...

Its the morning after Hurricane Jeanne - South Florida and Fort Lauderdale has fared extremely well = no significant damage - so I believe the Everglades, animals and all, which have a been going through hurricanes for years and will be fine. I haven't heard of any damage that will keep Butterfly world closed.

Fireman's Lady

Archived