Risks of GTY FV on Connie- help needed!

SusieV

Susie

We had a FV GTY on the Constellation 5th Nov cruise. We were assigned FV 8183 2 days after we booked. I kept checking the website hourly!! I was also worried that we would get CC (although they were less money) but I was assured that if we didn't get the FV the next category is a sky suite. Hope you get the FV, it was the best cabin we ever had! That aft balcony is awesome and the extra space in the cabin is wonderful for 2 people. We had a sofa each!

By the way the other people on our cruise critic thread who booked the FV gty also were assigned FV cabins, so I think you will have a good chance of getting one.

Let me know what you get.

Lisa

Susie

We had a FV GTY on the Constellation 5th Nov cruise. We were assigned FV 8183 2 days after we booked. I kept checking the website hourly!! I was also worried that we would get CC (although they were less money) but I was assured that if we didn't get the FV the next category is a sky suite. Hope you get the FV, it was the best cabin we ever had! That aft balcony is awesome and the extra space in the cabin is wonderful for 2 people. We had a sofa each!

By the way the other people on our cruise critic thread who booked the FV gty also were assigned FV cabins, so I think you will have a good chance of getting one.

Let me know what you get.

Lisa

Lisa,

I have this exact cabin on our March 10th cruise..We have never sailed in a FV and were excited when we were assigned it from the GTY status after giving up our CC cabin..Regarding this cabin..I was hoping to get a corner FV since I hear they are larger but there's just 2 adults and 1 child so I think this will be fine..Are there loungers on the deck for lying out do you get sun on the deck or is it shaded?? Is there a table out there and chairs as well in case you want to eat out there?? How is the room inside for packing and putting away your clothes in the closet and dresser? I'm glad to hear that you liked it..We are looking forward to it!!

Was it any rougher when sailing..We have always had mid-ship rooms and never aft ones..

Thank you,

Steve

Steve,

Yes there are 2 loungers, a dining table, four chairs and a small drinks table on the balcony. It is shaded and also gets some sun towards the end of the balcony. You can sit on it rain or shine and its sheltered from the wind. We thought we would prefer the corner FV's but we when we visited one we noticed it was much more windy on the balcony so we actually liked ours better as it was so sheltered.

There is tons of storage space in the cabin and as for movement,there was probably a little more than midship but nothing to bother about. I'm sure you will love the aft cabin and will never want to sail in anything else in the future! Here are some pictures for you to get an idea of what a great cabin this is!

2007_1110Constellation20070022_edit.jpg

2007_1117Constellation20070005_edit.jpg

2007_1110Constellation20070027_edit.jpg

Steve,

Yes there are 2 loungers, a dining table, four chairs and a small drinks table on the balcony. It is shaded and also gets some sun towards the end of the balcony. You can sit on it rain or shine and its sheltered from the wind. We thought we would prefer the corner FV's but we when we visited one we noticed it was much more windy on the balcony so we actually liked ours better as it was so sheltered.

There is tons of storage space in the cabin and as for movement,there was probably a little more than midship but nothing to bother about. I'm sure you will love the aft cabin and will never want to sail in anything else in the future! Here are some pictures for you to get an idea of what a great cabin this is!

Thank you so much..it looks fantastic...

Steve

Steve,

Thank you so much..it looks fantastic...

Steve

Wow, looks like our ship is entirely sold out! Makes me a little nervous...

Those pictures look amazing! Now that I feel assured that we can't get anything but FV or a suite, I'm really excited and looking forward to things!

With the exception of us getting no cabin at all lol!

Still nothing... yes it's driving me crazy!

I'm still rooting for a family to want an FV (assuming there even is one!) so we can have a suite :) A little nervous about what happens if no one cancels though. I mean, we're two weeks past final payment now.

Lisa and Steve, We have that exact cabin on our Jan 18 th sailing to the Caribbean. We also had a gty and were assigned this stateroom the day the final payment was due. We are so excited. Thanks for the pictures. I will post a review when we return. Barbara

Sounds Great..and Enjoy!!

Looking forward to the review

Steve

We were just assigned!

I will confess that I had my hopes up for a suite since it took so long, but I can't say that I am unhappy with our assignment! We got #7199, a corner FV!

I can't believe that cabin was still available... I was expecting a regular inside FV. Not that that would be bad!

Susie,

Congratulations on the corner FV... wow. You will enjoy that immensely. We knew the people in March on the Connie who were in that room and they enjoyed it tremendously.

Have a great time and enjoy your special anniversary celebration...

So glad you got one of the rooms you wanted.

Happy sailing!

PS. Did you know that we are now grandparents? Our first grandchild... :D

DH and I just got off our Infinity cruise. We had booked a FOV GTY and got 8181 - a corner! It was fantastic for two people. There was more closet space and drawer and other storage space than we could have possibly imagined. The balcony was huge, and had two loungers and two upright chairs as well as a cocktail table and a dining table.

We were never uncomfortable with the "motion of the ocean" even though DH had to wear his wrist bands.

I am also booked on a Feb 08 cruise on Millie with my two sisters in a FOV GTY. Just got word that we are assigned to 7199, another corner.

After being in a corner FOV I would not WANT to be upgraded to a Sky Suite!

jerseygirl- We're already past final payment, so we can't do anything like that. Just about everything is sold out on our sailing with the exception of a few 2Bs and some oceanviews.

My husband still thinks it was a pricing glitch, because it was very inexpensive to go from an inside to the FV GTY, and it was over $500pp less than CC GTY.

Celebrity has told me that FV is considered superior to the suite so we cannot be assigned a CC (although there are none of those left either). I thought I'd heard otherwise but my travel agent said the same thing- if we get an upgrade it will be to a suite. I was very happy to hear that!

We'd love even a Sky Suite, even with a smaller verandah- this is probably the only chance we'll have for a long time to sail in one!

usha- there aren't any suites left, either! I wonder what happens if no one in FV or suite cancels? Have they ever over-guaranteed?

The same situation exists for the feb 18th sailing. FV guarantee is priced lower then CC. (there are still CC's available, but FV is listed a category higher) :confused: Its confusing but, I am on it.. Booked last night. So far when I pull up my booking it just says Vista deck. But no cabin #.

I was booked on the Brilliance of the Seas in an aft D1. This FV on the Connie is $1000.00 less! :D plus MORE room. Also FLL vs. MIA saves $$'s because we fly into FLL. I am super pleased with my situation..:D Celebrity told me an FV is a category higher then CC, so FV is the lowest I could get, but I could get a sky suite.

Good luck- I hope your result is as good as ours or better!

I wonder why the FVs get priced lower. I looked at your sailing and they are the same price as a 2C!

I think celebrity hangs on to them for bookings with 3 to 4 people, then after final payment, they have not sold. Now they need to let them go for 2 people at a GREAT RATE...:D

Archived