Passport Denial

loveshack

Hi All - need some input -

My husband was denied a passport for back child support. We have all documentation showing that his back child support has been paid. I assume it is just the slowness of the state getting the information relayed. This was due to "baby mama" waiting until child was 16 before even filing for child support...... It took 2 years, but we paid it off - my question:

I know we can prove it's all been paid, but we sail in two weeks - I'm sure knowing the speedy processes of the state, will they have this resolved and if not, will they still let him sail on 12/2 with BC and ID since he's been technically "denied" the passport?

HELP PLEASE - I'm very nervous!!!

THANKS!

Carnival won't even know he has been denied a passport. All you need is a original birth certificate and a driver's license.

Go and have a great time and get it all resolved when you return.

I sure wish they'd "sticky" something at the top of the board explaining the passport requirements! I think there's one on the generic board.

The question is, did you send off your only certified copy of his birth certificate with the passport application? I requested 2 certified copies prior to mailing my passport application, just in case my application didn't get processed in time. That way, I have a couple of spares around, just in case. Cost all of $11 and only took a few days. I applied online to the state where I was born.

I have plenty of "orginal" copies of his BC. Last year when we went on our first cruise, I ordered 5 copies for us both, just to be safe. :D

I saw the issue on back child support, but wasn't worried because his has been paid in full since February of 2007. They could have advised us of this way before now - applied 5 weeks ago and I received mine in 3 weeks. Kept checking on his and it kept saying it was being processed. Then today, get this letter saying he owed.........I will start calling the state first thing Monday, and it will be fixed I"m sure. Just concerned if somehow they wouldn't let him board because of being denied.:confused:

THANKS!

You'll be fine with the BC and photo id. I let my passport expire a couple of years ago and have sailed using those 2 forms of ID. Then I worried the whole time that I'd lose my BC, so I went ahead and ordered those extras AND went ahead and renewed my passport. I figure I have all the bases covered, now!

Happy Cruising!

Hi All - need some input -

My husband was denied a passport for back child support. We have all documentation showing that his back child support has been paid. I assume it is just the slowness of the state getting the information relayed. This was due to "baby mama" waiting until child was 16 before even filing for child support...... It took 2 years, but we paid it off - my question:

I know we can prove it's all been paid, but we sail in two weeks - I'm sure knowing the speedy processes of the state, will they have this resolved and if not, will they still let him sail on 12/2 with BC and ID since he's been technically "denied" the passport?

HELP PLEASE - I'm very nervous!!!

THANKS!

I know this is off topic,but you are out of line here, blaming "baby mama" for not filing for child support until the child was 16. Did "baby daddy" not know about the child? If he did, why didn't he pay child support all along?

I know this is off topic,but you are out of line here, blaming "baby mama" for not filing for child support until the child was 16. Did "baby daddy" not know about the child? If he did, why didn't he pay child support all along?

When I read her post my first thought was, "Wow, I can hear Judge Judy's response to that one!" :eek:

TO Hurrincane sally - I'm not out of line- We had the child many, many times through summers, weekends, etc......we had been paying, just in cash most of the time, till she did this - this is strictly a bitter woman who didn't get the man.....granted, it was YEARS ago, but she lied in court and said we never paid a dime, which was NOT TRUE - unfortunately, didn't have alot of canceled checks and money orders, we had some, but he mostly gave her cash whenever she dropped the baby/kid/ teenager off- judge even said he belived us because of the daughter saying what all we bought her, clothes, hygiene items, etc......but without PROOF, the judge had no choice - now, with that being said - I KNOW there are men out there that don't take care of theirs, because I had one, but this one is not the case. There are also many low down, vendictive women as well. And yes, I BLAME "baby mama" because she told us if he didn't come back to live with her and raise their child she would do this and she did. :eek:

In any case, the "back" support that was on record has been paid and she has finally moved on - we still get the daughter and she's great. But, we still want to go on our cruise that we've been paying for since mid last year don't want any problems.

TO Hurrincane sally - I'm not out of line- We had the child many, many times through summers, weekends, etc......we had been paying, just in cash most of the time, till she did this - this is strictly a bitter woman who didn't get the man.....granted, it was YEARS ago, but she lied in court and said we never paid a dime, which was NOT TRUE - unfortunately, didn't have alot of canceled checks and money orders, we had some, but he mostly gave her cash whenever she dropped the baby/kid/ teenager off- judge even said he belived us because of the daughter saying what all we bought her, clothes, hygiene items, etc......but without PROOF, the judge had no choice - now, with that being said - I KNOW there are men out there that don't take care of theirs, because I had one, but this one is not the case. There are also many low down, vendictive women as well. And yes, I BLAME "baby mama" because she told us if he didn't come back to live with her and raise their child she would do this and she did. :eek:

In any case, the "back" support that was on record has been paid and she has finally moved on - we still get the daughter and she's great. But, we still want to go on our cruise that we've been paying for since mid last year don't want any problems.

YOU are a saint for putting up with this:). I dated a guy with 2 children from a previous relationship, and after all the drama the situation created, I decided I will never date a man with children again. You're a better woman than I am.

HurricaneSally,this is NOT the place for you to pass judgement on someone's life.Especially a stranger and circustances who you know nothing about !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you guys are really sensitive. Didn't realize I passed judgement on anybody. Just voicing my opinion. Is that not allowed on a public board? Get a grip and some morals in the time being.

Wow, you guys are really sensitive. Didn't realize I passed judgement on anybody. Just voicing my opinion. Is that not allowed on a public board? Get a grip and some morals in the time being.

This is a board about cruising not a Dear Abby board. Please don't take it personal, its that no one knows the facts.

Fred

Excuse me, but who are you to decide who needs morals ??? You know nothing about the situation or the people involved. And I don't feel the OP owes you any explanation. BTW if you feel passing judgement is okay, you may want to rethink some things !!

hi crystal, we'll see you on 12/2:D passports or not

don't take it personally, child support is one of those very touchy subjects (especially among women who get orders for support & still get the shaft...plenty of guys don't pay even with an existing order until a warrant is issued for non-payment) so kuddos for doing the right thing and squaring it.

didn't know passports could be withheld, know tax refunds are:confused:

Excuse me, but who are you to decide who needs morals ??? You know nothing about the situation or the people involved. And I don't feel the OP owes you any explanation. BTW if you feel passing judgement is okay, you may want to rethink some things !!

Excuse me!!!, but I didn't bring up the 'baby mama" drama, the OP did and made it sound like all the fault of the "baby mama". Forgive me for defending a woman who isn't here to defend herself.

didn't know passports could be withheld, know tax refunds are:confused:

Its a great topic and it was brought up a few times now by others on here. One lady wrote that she had unpaid parking tickets and was asking if she was going to get arrested when departing the ship LOL.:D

Fred

IMHO....that is none of your business...

Excuse me!!!, but I didn't bring up the 'baby mama" drama, the OP did and made it sound like all the fault of the "baby mama". Forgive me for defending a woman who isn't here to defend herself.

Believe me alot of people probably feel like you but on this board you have to really bite your tongue and yell at your husband. :D

Fred

Archived