Scuba Diving

coevan

On a cruise stop to CI I prefer to walk to Sunset House for a relaxed shore dive followed by lunch and libation..... But I have a hundred or so dives on the Cayman Walls already so I'm not missing that.....

If you've never done a good wall you may want to schedule a boat but if you want relaxed DIY, shore dive is for you.

How deep is the drop off on the shore dive? Is there good coral ans fish to see. We were just bringing mask, fins, and snorkel, leaving the BC's and regs at home. I gues wee can rent the equipment.

OK...not diss'ing you....but I said I've a bunch of dives on the wall and other in CI. If there was nothing to see, do you think I'd do a shore dive? DUH.

I've actually seen more intersting critters (and photo'd them) on shore dives off Sunset, that I have on wall dives..... But that's prob'ly because on a night shore dive off Sunset I find a place, turn off the light and sit.....then the critters find me.

Off Sunset you can quickly get to 90 feet.....if you think you need to. Swim a little farther and you can get deeper..... why? Depth does not equal better sights..... The best stuff I've photo'd was 'tween 35 and 65.

Sunset (and Eden) has a dive shop there where you can rent....and BTW you can get deeper quicker off Sunset than u can off Eden...... {but Y}

otoh...if u have never done a real wall.....hanging in the water - 20 feet horizontally from the wall at a depth of 100 .... and knowing the "bottom" is several hundred feet below is .... as close to astronaut as most of us will ever b

Don't quite understand the dissing comment. I have had some fantastic shore dives in St Thomas, Playa, Beleze, however no in Caymen, nor am I familiar with Caymen. I have done one 2 tank dive last year in CI, which was excellent, we did the wall and then an OK wreck on a sand bottom, but the wall was impressive. I also have dived extensively in BVI and USVI on charter sailboats. Bubbles Up!!!

Archived