Questions about Atlantis in Nassau

PoJackson

We will be in Nassau next month. The last time we were there we took a cab to the Atlantis. We were wondering if anyone has been there recently . Does anyone know if we can use the beach there or visit the indoor aquarium? It was wonderful and we would like to do it again.

Thanks for any information.

You can see quite a bit of the fish for free. If you want to visit the indoor aquarium it is $25 p/p or so. You can't visit the Atlantis beach or pools unless you purchase a Day Pass, Room, or room at the Comfort Suites. You might wish to vist the Ports Of Call board for more information. :)

We took a taxi and went to the free beach just a few yards to the right of the Atlantis. Have the driver drop you off just before you reach the main doors. You'll most probably see many people walking up a small sandbank, through some trees.

You can rent an umbrella, beach chairs, jet ski, etc., and you can buy drinks served in coconuts (very strong rum in the drinks). We spent an afternoon there, and our grandsons loved it. The water is crystal clear and there's a bit of wave action. Have fun. :)

For a change, don't take the land taxi to Atlantis. Take a water taxi if the weather is good. It is fun and the guide tells you who owns the houses you see on Paradise Island and some of the history of the area.

The water taxis in Nassau are overcrowded death traps. They don't tip over and sink very often, but they do tip over and sink. Then you have to walk up the hill to Atlantis in the heat. Thanks. Been there, done that, and we will be taking a land cab to the front entrance next time. :)

For a change, don't take the land taxi to Atlantis. Take a water taxi if the weather is good. It is fun and the guide tells you who owns the houses you see on Paradise Island and some of the history of the area.

OMG....don't do it. We did it ONCE and never, never again. The boats are scary and NOT safe. Sure they have some guy playing a guitar to entertain you while you wait and wait and wait for the thing to fill up then he passes his hat for a tip..:rolleyes: Sure you get some info. on who owns what house or boat and the millionaire who is looking for a wife....then they pass the hat again...:rolleyes: 2 hours later and a few extra bucks short you get to walk for ever to get to Atlantis....NOT fun in my book.

Take a very short and cheap taxi over the bridge and be there in 5 mins...

Have fun!!!!

Oh, the dolphin and her calf? Thanks. Maybe I can try to figure that out over the holiday weekend. I have it in the original size. :)

Yes, about a year ago I commented on it and you gave me the link to the picture so I could see it better. It's the cutest thing...That's why I say you should have a large one in your signature, so others can see it too. :D

on one of our cruises, we went to that talk on shopping and when they talked about Nassau they recommended that we DO NOT take the water taxis as they are NOT safe. Also, you may get lucky and see the indoor aquarium for free? My parents went on Sovereign to Nassau this past September, took a Land Taxi to Atlantis and walked around a bit got to the aquarium and just strolled thru. They said there was nobody there. I think they said they were there around 2:30pm. Good luck. I took my DH and son when we cruised there but we had purchased tickets thru a ship excursion.

Archived