Mazatlan on your own with open air taxi driver

BrandiGreg

Last time we were in Mazatlan, we hired a taxi when we got off the ship to go to a place where they sell crutches, as we needed some for my foot injury. Then he offered to drive us around town and various places which we took him up on since he seemed friendly and the price was right....so for about 2 hrs he did this and we really enjoyed it since it was one of those open air type taxis.. and he dropped us off at Senor Frogs which is where we wanted to wind up that afternoon..but I forgot how much we paid...does anyone know about what that would be for each hour for two people for about 2-3 hour of the city tour? Just so we have an idea of what a fair price would be. Thanks

When we were there in Feb, we used one for the whole day (4 of us). He took us anywhere we wanted to go, took us to a great place to eat (El Capitano). We had a great time. He spoke very good "American" as he called it. He charged us a $100 for all of us. One of the best tours we have had.

$100 sounds like a great price for 4 people for the whole day!:)

That's what I was thinking!

I'm bummed that Mazatlan Frank is all booked up on the day that we'll be there, but this might be a nice alternative. Do you just find them near the pier?

Ok - what's the scoop on Mazatlan Frank? who is he, what does he do? It will be me, hubby, and 2 little girls 9 and 11. I want to do something other than just going to the beach, and the kids are too young for ATV's and jet ski's and such. Thanks so much!!

Anni

Ok - what's the scoop on Mazatlan Frank? who is he, what does he do? It will be me, hubby, and 2 little girls 9 and 11. I want to do something other than just going to the beach, and the kids are too young for ATV's and jet ski's and such. Thanks so much!!

Anni

We have booked a tour with Mazatlan Frank in December. We are looking forward to it. the City tour, sounds great...

Anyone else go with Frank?

Natalie

We have booked a tour with Mazatlan Frank in December. We are looking forward to it. the City tour, sounds great...

Anyone else go with Frank?

Natalie

Frank is great! We toured with him a year ago. Much more personal than a big Greyhound bus tour. He'll take you to do what you want to do! I have lots of pics in the link below in the Mazatlan section!

well I still think its more economical to read up first on where you want to go., pay a taxi 5 or $10 to 1 place, then grab a cab to the next spot, the next then the next , its not $100, but i guess if you dont know where to go youd want to pay for a tour all day..

Archived