Rolex watch....how much?

BrandiGreg

Just be careful bringing illegal fakes back through customs. I had a friend get pulled to a security room coming home from the Carribbean with a few fake bags. She missed her connection and could have been charged with transporting counterfeit goods. That said, I have seen fake Rolex watches being sold by the beach venders in Cabo for a starting price of $50. Not sure what you could bargain them down to.

I have never heard of anyone being stopped from bringing back Faux anything. If you were trying to sell it or maybe had purchased 100 of them I could understand, but if one could get busted for bringing home fake anything everyone of us would have been detained in our lives, if we have traveled much. Not to mention security doesn't normally check what you are bringing back. You list on your declaration card what you have, you go through customs and that is pretty much it. again, I am assuming we are talking about 1 or 2, not 20 or more.

Nita

She had 3 fake "coach" bags. She listed on her form that she had purses but when she was I think randamly searched- she was detained. I think they are really cracking down on these illegal copies. I am not talking about the ones that do not forge a designer's trademark but rather the one that copy exactly the designers logo and try to pass it off as the real thing. These are illegal and make the prices get higher and higher on the real thing. I know they have been raiding the places that sell them in NYC as I have a friend that works in the garment district.

They took away her purses too!:(

She had 3 fake "coach" bags. She listed on her form that she had purses but when she was I think randamly searched- she was detained. I think they are really cracking down on these illegal copies. I am not talking about the ones that do not forge a designer's trademark but rather the one that copy exactly the designers logo and try to pass it off as the real thing. These are illegal and make the prices get higher and higher on the real thing. I know they have been raiding the places that sell them in NYC as I have a friend that works in the garment district.

They took away her purses too!:(

and I still don't understand why she listed them per say: all the form asks is how much you spent: most people, who stay way below the alloted amount simple put Misc. Oh well, I am sorry this happened to her, but I still say it is an isolated case. I just got back from Mexico, no problems....

Nita

In Bangkok or Hong Kong, we have bought several fake watches for $2 or $3 and they are still working and keeping perfect time after a year. Not Rolex though (Diesel, CK, and Paul Frank brands). I will try $25 in Mexico and just move on if they won't take it (I am getting for a friend and his limit is $25)

Archived