Cabin Internet

mikesstuff

We will be on our first cruise in February and will be needing to have internet access. I have read that the wireless access is very spotty on the ship. We have an aft balcony so I am concerned we will be too far away from wherever the wireless is coming from. I also have a Mac which does not have a dialup modem. Would I be better off having a modem to ensure I can connect? How is the Cybercafe on board the ship? Would that maybe be a better option? Are the computers usually busy or can I get right in if I want to?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

You should have no trouble getting a computer in the cyber cafe, Iv never seen it busy, but its like dial up speed, very slow.

You would be better to supplement it by buying an hour or so of time in the ports in cyber cafes if you can. Most ports the internet speed is much better than on the ship will be.

When I sailed on Enchantment I took a laptop and I found quite a few hot spots...and the cafe computers were always available too. I have seen posted here that Freedom is wireless stem to stern...maybe Liberty too.

I like to bring my own laptop so I can compose email offline and then just log in to send.

Archived