All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I didn't care for Mark at all. But then, I'm one of those cruisers who rarely notices the CD and usually has no idea who it is. I don't do a lot of ship activities.

But I found Mark's ultra-fast babbling on the announcements to be rather annoying. I spent years living with an Englishman, so the accent isn't a novelty and his wasn't particularly pleasant.

I thought he looked incredibly silly in his long-jacketed suits. Too short and squat for that style, but he seemed to think he looked very fashionable.

Whatever. I just have a difficult time understanding why so many cruisers are so interested in the CD. I only remember Mark because if was our most recent cruise. I cannot tell you the name of a single CD on any prior cruise (other than Rico, the hot guy on our RCI cruise :D ).

24 days to my cruise on The Glory, cant wait after 180 days of anticipation I am only 3 weeks away . Booked a Guar cat 8 and got an 8C . Air fare bough, t drink coupons already purchased , car reserved ,tours booked ,8-16-2008 ready to sail. Who is the CD they say it is Butch

We sailed on the Carnival Glory Sept. 2007. Great ship! Because of the Hurricane that hit Costa Maya and Belize, we didnt go there, which was disappointing but very understandable. We went to Key West and had another day at sea. We weren't to excited about the Keys, but it was ok.

:confused: Where has this thread been? It was like it just disappeared and reappeared today.

I'm getting really excited now that I have 12 days and a wake up until I arrive in Orlando and Cocoa Beach and 13 days and a wake up until I get on the Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

We are going November 22 Eastern!!! My 12 yr old dd, tried out for 7th grade cheerleading....I asked the coach before tryouts if there would be a problem with her going on the cruise then....she said no, we don't have competitions around the holiday's!! Guess what?? She has state competiton on November 22!! I told the coach she would have to quit if they couldn't work something out. We are going on this cruise no matter what!

Yes there will be other "cool" parents that pull their kids out. If mine weren't in 7th & 9th grade, I would pull mine out. They are going to miss one day and that is going to be hard enough for my high schooler to make up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Glory Eastern itinerary was really nice...I like St. Maarten the best, but could have just skipped Nassau. We only left the ship for about 1 hour in Nassau.

The beaches in St. Thomas were fantastic. We went to Sapphire beach and it is beautiful. Didn't make it to Magens Bay, but I hear it is beautiful also.

Wonderful trip.

Archived