All Things Glory...

kinggartk

We stayed in Cabin 7233 last March and it was very nice. We had a couple of rough sea days but I believe everyone on board felt the "pitch & roll" some. Our DS & her DH had a cabin on the Riveria Deck and when they looked out their porthole it was underwater. We loved it. Kinda rocked us to sleep...:)

I called them and made the reservation but I am still trying to get a group rate is enough of us are willing to commit to a room. The group department wants me to commit to hold at least 10 rooms with my credit card to give me exact rates. I am a little skeptical about doing that. We have 4 of us who want rooms so far. If we can get 5 more rooms then I can get a definite rate. It better be a good discount for the trouble they are giving me! lol

What's the best night to skip the dining room and try the specialty restaurant? Here's our itinerary:

PC/FL

Sea

Cozumel

Belize

Sea

Sea

Nassau

PC/FL

Also, is it possible to see what dining time we've been assigned to before actually getting on board?

What's the best night to skip the dining room and try the specialty restaurant? Here's our itinerary:

PC/FL

Sea

Cozumel

Belize

Sea

Sea

Nassau

PC/FL

Also, is it possible to see what dining time we've been assigned to before actually getting on board?

We had the same itinerary -- Formal Nights were Sunday and Wednesday, so you probably dont want to miss those.

I've heard some do the "Specialty Restaurant" on Saturday [first night on board] or on Thursday.

depending on what your shore excursions are like -- if you are totally wiped out or not, or just not hungry from eating in port [like we were] those will also help you decide.

OH -- i forgot to add. for seating time, when you get your DOCs, it will be on there, but they do say things are not totally finalized til you get on the ship... but our time was what was stated on the DOCs.

HTH

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a particular evening in the dining room that a lot of folks say they like to skip because of the menu choices? I seem to remember something about one of the themes that isn't a big hit, so many opt for the specialty dining.

As for the docs showing the dining assignment, I haven't printed mine yet because the FunPass needs to know what city issued my DS's new passport, and it does not have it printed anywhere on the passport. I don't know if it's safe to assume it came from Boston since we're from MA. What would happen if it's not from Boston when we try to board? Will they just change it, or will it create more problems?

>>know what city issued my DS's new passport

yanno -- this thing really stumped me too... but as it turns out, it's not the city they are looking for .... if you look somewhere towards the bottom of that page, you will see something that says United States... something [i can't recall the exact term as i dont have the passport in front of me] but that is what they are looking for. I too was going to put Chicago... but i had a thread going on the ridiculous wordings of the Fun Pass thing... and someone pointed that out to me.

so -- just look around, i think it was the opposite page of where all your information was, down in the bottom corner.

HTH.

OH as for the dinner thing...i do recall one evening when it looked like there wasn't much to my liking... and i chose fish, and had the waiter bring me lobster sauce to top my fish with, since i did not want the mushroom sauce they had... and it was awesome!!

usually you can go to the DR early and browse the menu on the wall a head of time to get your taste buds going.

I would normally skip the dining room on 1 of the formal nights in lieu of the supper club. I have decided that for my upcoming Glory cruise I will use the supper club for both of the formal nights. Just wanted something quiet and nice with spouse while all dressed up. :D

Any one going to be on the Glory July 12th????

We are going with a combined family:

My husband and I and our daughter (3 yrs. old)

and

3 stepdaughters (teenagers)

and

their mother and step-father.

Crazy I know, but looking for anyone with teens for our girls to spend time with...

>>know what city issued my DS's new passport

yanno -- this thing really stumped me too... but as it turns out, it's not the city they are looking for .... if you look somewhere towards the bottom of that page, you will see something that says United States... something [i can't recall the exact term as i dont have the passport in front of me] but that is what they are looking for. I too was going to put Chicago... but i had a thread going on the ridiculous wordings of the Fun Pass thing... and someone pointed that out to me.

so -- just look around, i think it was the opposite page of where all your information was, down in the bottom corner

when i got my new passport in 8-2006 it did not have a city of issuance on it. i was told to put "U.S. Department of State" instead of a specific city and that is what i did on my last cruise and i had no problems

• 2 weeks later...
So it seems that Ryan Fitzgerald is the CD on the Glory right now, but I hear that Marc Price will be coming on in May...Does anyone know if that is True?

One of the hosts here on Cruise Critic told me the same thing, I think it is true.

Terri

Trying to see if anyone has ever stayed in Suite 7330 and if they've had any complaints/comments, did you love it? Also, the VIP check in, how did that go, how was dis-embarkment with having an upgraded category?

So many questions...But looking forward to the cruise. Thanks in advance for your responses!:D

Been in 7278 twice and no complaints. VIP went smooth both times, but disembark no priviledges, unless you are Platinum (10 or more cruises).:cool:

I'm on the Glory on August 9th. I'm so glad I found this thread, I don't know what to do! It is making me a bit anxious to get out of here and get on the ship though. I've only done one cruise so far on the Imagination. I had a blast on that ship and can't wait to get on one of the big ones! I got a great military rate on an IS cabin. I just use the room for sleeping and stowing clothes, so a balcony or OCV would be a waste for me. I'm waiting to see if the price drops for OCV or Balconies and may upgrade just to live the high life! Everyone cruising before August, please post your reviews on this thread when you get back and I will do the same. Happy Sailing:)

I tried to read through all 13 pages of this thread but just couldn't do it. Please forgive me if this has been asked.....does the Glory have the big movie screen outside by the pool?

We are traveling do an Eastern over Thanksgiving '08!! We are booked into three balcony rooms. Two of which are suppose to have connecting balconies. How do those work and did you like those?

I've been through all 13 pages and some other sites online with Glory pictures and I don't think it has a screen on deck. The ship was in drydock in 2006, but apparently didn't get a screen. I'm on the Glory in August.

I tried to read through all 13 pages of this thread but just couldn't do it. Please forgive me if this has been asked.....does the Glory have the big movie screen outside by the pool?

We are traveling do an Eastern over Thanksgiving '08!! We are booked into three balcony rooms. Two of which are suppose to have connecting balconies. How do those work and did you like those?

No big screen on Lido Deck yet, but it is planned to be added, just can't remember when. Balconies do connect, but are locked. They can be opened to connect as 1, just let them know you desire this. Have a great cruise.:D

No big screen on Lido Deck yet, but it is planned to be added, just can't remember when. Balconies do connect, but are locked. They can be opened to connect as 1, just let them know you desire this. Have a great cruise.:D

it will be added during dry dock in sept 08, last i heard

Archived