All Things Glory...

kinggartk

• 2 weeks later...

What can you tell me about the teen activities on the Glory?

Sailing with two 14(almost 15) year olds(both boys)

They HAVE to have a BASKETBALL court...as they go to Nationals the week after we get back..and the coach says they have to shoot their 200 shots daily if they go that close to the National Tournament.

What do you know about the BB court...yes, they will be bringing their own EVOLUTION or WAVE ball.

Thanks

My son won a tourny on the Glory, the quality of the BB court is not good and the benefit of shooting 200 shots a day will be minimal at best. Winds while cruising are significant and will alter the shots. With that being said, they will be able to work out and stay in shape and work on ball handling and passing skills. Have a great cruise!

I should know that..last March we had record winds on the Mariner(actually closed beaches in St. Maaran for the first time in 20 years)

Tyler is a shooting guard..and when we got home, it took him a couple of days to get rid of his "sea shots". He was not amused..and his coach was even less amused!

Might have to rethink that idea..lol

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Glory will stay in Port Canaveral when Dream arrives?

No - she's heading to Miami - followed later by some sailings from the central east coast, then out of NYC for some Canadian sailings during the summer/fall of 2010.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_glory/default.aspx?shipCode=GL

Tom

Ok... I did read all of the posts on this to get some info and I have a few questions. My last cruise was on the Valor right after dry dock so I was spoiled by the new "stuff"

I know the big screen isnt on the lido but is there a mongolian buffet? Also are the hot tubs still in the spa?

I saw their was the sushi bar, supper club and mini golf. anything else diffrent? (except dacor)

THANKS!!!

We Booked a guarantee room. When Should I get my room # and when should I get my tickets and docs in the mail ?

Thanks All for your help 30 MORE DAYS :D:D

have a great time...we loved the glory...was on her last year....link to my review with pictures is below....we only did a gty once and we got our cabin # at the port.....

have fun

Hello, Does anyone have pics of the Cat. 11 on the Glory? We have booked both 7249 & 7250 any pictures would be greatful. Thank you:)

Here's a couple from 7263 from our '06 cruise on Glory. We were in 7262 just a few weeks ago and they look the same.

314755656_Cruisedays1-3050.jpg.01991a7279423a47487074b97b0a2784.jpg

112887763_Cruisedays1-3051.jpg.c15c0e088815cd06d008099fc0e37d3b.jpg

1040679393_Cruisedays1-3054.jpg.0a47ab7d6a09e3167a4ff043fd34603c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have an interior cabin on the Lido deck booked for May 09.

The virtual tour on Carnival's website shows a mini-bar in the interior cabins.

I know some of the ships have them and some do not in the interior cabins.

Can anyone advise if the Glory has them in interior cabins? Thanks.

I had an inside on Glory and, yes, it had one.

I recommend cruisedeckplans dot com (the free portion). Go to the ship, then go to "cabin details by deck" and select your deck. It will list every cabin and tell you what is in there, the size, the bed configuration, etc. Also listed at the top of the page is the location of any vending and/or laundry facilities.

Archived