PG in FP a bit longer.....

meherio

Ia orana

Many posts have questioned if the Paul gauguin was to stay or leave the French Plynesian waters it has called home in the near future.

Here is the response from regent cruises:

Regent Seven Seas Cruises has reached an agreement with ship owner Paul Gauguin Shipping Limited (PGSL) that extends Regent's exclusive contract to operate and manage the 330-guest ship Paul Gauguin through January 2010.

"Paul Gauguin has been an extremely popular ship that has transformed the cruise marketplace in French Polynesia," said Mark Conroy, president of Regent Seven Seas Cruises." As we approach the tenth anniversary of uninterrupted South Pacific cruising with Paul Gauguin, we are very pleased to continue the operation and management of this magnificent luxury vessel."

Named for the famous 19th-century post-Impressionist artist who found his inspiration in the lifestyle and people of French Polynesia, Paul Gauguin was launched at the end of 1997 and immediately began its year-round operations from Papeete. The ship has offered French Polynesia voyages ever since and has become a South Seas legend, having carried over 100,000 cruise guests to this magical destination.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises operates a fleet of medium-sized luxury cruise ships that visit over 300 ports on all seven continents, including Antarctica.

http://www.TheRegentExperience.com.

Meherio

I sail December 1st....spending 2 nights pre-cruise at the Radisson Hotel. My first time at this hotel...have stayed at the Beachcomber before.

I look forward to the PG this time for its an 11 day cruise... 7 days isnt enough in my book.

Now to figure out what to do in Tahiti while at the hotel......

take the ferry to Moorea?

We are thinking of renting a car to drive around Tahiti nui and iti, I would love to see the island away from Papeete. we are also doing a 4WD inner island tour with natura- exploration.

I would love to do one of the longer PG cruises, I wish the Tahitian Princess would have dropped Rarotonga to spend more time in fp.

Archived