Tux or no tux in caribbean

avalon1025

The history of the Tuxedo.

Sometime, somewhere, I will enjoy a Seabourn cruise. But before I book I would need to know Miss Martita's travel plans because she sounds like the life of the party... opps vessel!

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Regards,

Hal

Henry Poole & Co. - 14 Savile Row, London

shields.gifMain navigation

Skip navigation

tuxedo.jpgThe Tuxedo

In 1860, Henry Poole made a short evening or smoking jacket for the Prince of Wales to wear at informal dinner parties at Sandringham. In 1886, a Mr. James Potter of Tuxedo Park, New York visited London and subsequently was invited by the Prince to spend a weekend at Sandringham. He was also advised that he could have a smoking jacket made by the Prince’s tailors, Henry Poole & Co.

When the Potters returned to New York, Mr. Potter proudly wore his new smoking jacket at the Tuxedo Park Club and fellow members soon started having copies made for themselves which they adopted as their informal uniform for club “stag” dinners. As a result, the dinner jacket became known as a Tuxedo or Tux in America

Hal2,

Come join the Pride TA Crosser's, March 17th 08! Our theme for the Crossing has been named: GLAD in PLAID ! :D The "Scot's" will loveeee this ~~I always enjoy seeing Officer Joe Mc. in his formal kilt's.....;) .he looks dashing! We'll plan on one lazy sea day to ALL simply show up and surprise Mr. Nelson at the Sky Bar wearing our GLAD RAGS~~~he may concoct a "cocktail" for the GLAD DAY!

Yes, THE place to be every March is on the Atlantic Ocean with 200 Pride-ites ~~~having fun, food, fellowship & phooey!

The Seabourn Pride Crossing will change your life!:confused: We'd love for you to join our merrymaking ~~~

Happy Post Turkey Day!

Martita B.

Scalawag

My husband has been "loaned" a kilt ( for the Crossing).....however the loaner is skinny and the loanee (hubby) aint!!:rolleyes: We tried to work out if the "gap" would look best at the front or back.........think we will leave the kilt home!!:eek:

Archived