Is cruising South America reasonably new to RCI?

lucywestie

I am just wondering how recently RCI started cruising down to South America. Am I right in thinking this coming season is the first one? Just that I couldn't find any reviews etc. for past RCI cruises plus I had some questions about clothing,temperatures etc for when we cruise in November 2008? Tried the South America board but didnt exactly get a huge response so I was hoping someone could provide an answer on this board.

Cheers

Pete

I am not sure, but the seasons are reversed, so November in South America would be Spring/Summer....we are thinking of the Brilliance of the Seas for Nov. 23, 2008 - is that the one you were thinking of? I have checked several sites and it looks like the weather that time of year in the various ports will be anywhere from high 50's to high 60's farenheit.

Splendour will be doing SA cruises between Sao Paulo Brazil and Valparaiso, Chile beginning in the fall 2007 and ending on April 6, 2008. She will then cruise the Med before repositioning back to Sao Paulo in the fall of 2008 to begin future SA cruises.

Radiance will begin sailing to South America in the fall of 2008, repositioning from Ft. Lauderdale to Valparaiso through the PC where she will begin SA itineraries. Radiance will reposition on April 26, 2009 back to San Diego.

I believe that both Splendour and Radiance are the first RCI ships to offer these itineraries.

I am not sure, but the seasons are reversed, so November in South America would be Spring/Summer....we are thinking of the Brilliance of the Seas for Nov. 23, 2008 - is that the one you were thinking of? I have checked several sites and it looks like the weather that time of year in the various ports will be anywhere from high 50's to high 60's farenheit.

The Brilliance is in Europe at that time not South America and it sails Nov 25, which ship are you considering?

Thanks all. We are booked on the Radiance when it repo's from Fort Lauderdale through the Panama Canal and then down the coast.[November 9th 2008] Should be a nice cruise and it fulfills my wifes desire to go through the Canal plus we get to see some new and pretty much off the normal tourist path places [well for people like us anyway!] Hopefully the weather will be reasonably warm while cruising down there. We have never been through the Caribbean and Central America so this is virgin territory for us when it comes to how to dress etc.

Cheers

Pete:D

40% of Splendor's crew are required to speak Portugese.

Comments?

Close, actually its 40% of the ships crew need to be Brazilian to embark passengers in, and sail between Brazilian ports.

One of the wonderfully crazy laws some countries have :)

Archived