Newbie here

shauny

O.K after much back and forth between Carnival and NCL, our TA thought that a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Legend would be a good fit for first time cruisers/honeymooners. Now I have questions.

Is their a place on here (I looked before I asked) that gives recs for hotels close the the ports? We are doing a 2 part honeymoon and will be arriving in Tampa, FL on 4/5. Where would you recommend staying that is close enough that we could take a taxi to the port?

O.K after much back and forth between Carnival and NCL, our TA thought that a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Legend would be a good fit for first time cruisers/honeymooners. Now I have questions.

Is their a place on here (I looked before I asked) that gives recs for hotels close the the ports? We are doing a 2 part honeymoon and will be arriving in Tampa, FL on 4/5. Where would you recommend staying that is close enough that we could take a taxi to the port?

Shauny - WECOME TO CRUISE CRITIC and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming nuptials! You'll learn so much from this fabulous board. AND your FIRST cruise - that's just awesome - you just couldn't have chosen a better honeymoon! :)

As the previous poster suggested, go to East Coast Departures. One of the threads there has been running for quite a while and has tons of info about Tampa hotels specifically. Here is the link (or copy and paste it into your browser):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

Always come back if you have other questions - we all help each other out. I've cruised over 20 times and learn something new every day! :rolleyes: Find your roll call and you can learn lots there too - don't worry, unless you want to, you are not locked into meeting people and hanging out with them. I've met lots of super people and made some good friends - even honeymooners! ;)

Take care!

Like freddiebud said, check the Gulf Coast Departures thread and then Google. There is a lot of info when you dig deep enough.;)

Archived