what is the most critical item you have forgotten to pack?

johno95

I forgot sunscreen on one cruise. Of course they had plenty for sale on the ship.

And my partner seems to always run out of his contact solution. And what they carry on the ship is never the right kind. I know we've had to search down the right kind on at least three different cruises--in San Juan, Grand Cayman, and St. Thomas.

As I think about this I know I am a total flake.

We live in Massachusetts and one time while driving to the ship I realized I had packed NO shoes for myself. I was wearing sneakers. We passed a payless and I sent my husband in to get me a pair of size 10W black shoes. Not usually much of a selection, so I figured it would be easier than me getting upset. I thought he did fine, but when I wore them to work one day, my boss referred to them as my hooker shoes.

Another time we were going to Disney and there was a drastic change in the weather due in Florida. We basically needed winter clothes and summer clothes. When we got home all my summer clothes were still sitting on my bed.

On a different Florida trip I forgot sunscreen. I could see my daughter starting to get color so paid poolside price for sunscreen. I put it on and she looked like she was burning, so I put more on and then more on. Then I remembered that the brand we use is because of her allergies to other brands. She wasn't burning, she was breaking out from the sunscreen.

Archived