pacific dawn 23 november 2007

dledak

Hi everyone,

We are new to this site. Have just found it, and have enjoyed reading your previous messages.

We have previously cruised on P&O Fairstar in February 1984 and March 1994. Have also been on P&O Pacific Sky in 2001.

We are very excited about going on Pacific Dawn this coming Friday. This will be the first time we are taking our kids aged 10 & 12 years.

Does anyone know if there is any food or drinks available on board prior to departure on the day. The kids are always hungry, such things didn't worry us in the past - were too busy having a good time. We plan on getting aboard early to avoid the rush.

Is anyone currently on the maiden cruise (Nov 9) who has kids - what are kids facilities like? Are the kids occupied well, so we can relax!!!!

Hope to hear before we leave. Sorry for the late notice.

Thanks heaps, dledak :)

Hi and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I have only been a member for a couple of months but I can tell you that this forum can be very addictive!!

When I sailed on Pacific Sun last year, we were some of the first few on ship. As soon as we were shown our rooms, we were notified that lunch was waiting for us upstairs, so we were able to eat soon after boarding.

I am not sure if this is the case wth Pacific Dawn and lunch when you board.

I am unsure about the children facilities on P&O cruises, as I have never used them. But I would assume that they would be good programs for the kids. Perhaps you can contact P&O and ask for further details?

I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to hearing your review!!

Happy Cruising!!

Hi and welcome.

many of your questions and probably some you never thought to ask will be answered this weekend when we will have a flood of people arriving home.

I know karmac has three kids and her younger one may be in the younger age group kids club.

knowing how much we love all the info i am guessing they will seek out every possible bit of info going on this wonderful new ship.

they usually do have lunch and drinks when you get on board although the "sun" had pizza which you had to buy as well as sandwich type of things but the "dawn" may be different.

Archived