Hello from the Pride - Southern Caribbean

SantaAna,CA

Hello to all, just a brief note from the Pride en route to Martinique from Nevis; after a boarding day last Saturday in Barbados that included a torrential downpour most of the day, we have had sparkling weather. St. Bart's, St. Martin, Nevis, all lovely. We just had the chef's special dinner, and was it incredible. Found out they are putting turkey on the menu for us who will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, very thoughtful.

We have Eric DeGray, Kami Rogers and a songbird I've never heard before, Jamila Ajibade (who is sensational) entertaining us, and tonight was the great Broadway show. Tomorrow we will be in Martinique and Rock the Boat tomorrow night, with our beach barbeque on Friday. All good thoughts about our good weather holding out would be appreciated.

As usual, being on Seabourn is a rare privilege and joy, the cabins beautiful and the ship looks just lovely. The Pride crewmembers are as charming and professional as always. Everything is, well.....perfect! Which seems to be the standard for Seabourn.

I haven't come across spotteddog, who is supposed to be on the ship with me, but I look forward to greeting the other CCers who will be arriving on Saturday. Lots of good scuba diving so far, although today I must have brushed up against some coral, my left hand is rather scratched and inflamed. Ow! It isn't just sharks that can get you.

Having a beautiful time, just wanted to let you know the Pride is as fantastic as always. Best wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving.

Jane

Hi Jane, I'm really pleased to hear that you are having a great time on the Pride and that the weather is good.

We're off to the airport this afternoon to stay there overnight ready for our flight to Barbados tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting you and other CCers at the Sky Bar!

Best wishes, Simon :)

>"Having a beautiful time, just wanted to let you know the Pride is as fantastic as always."

how do you like the changes at the SkyBar and Veranda? Do continue your wonderful time, making memories.

Gobble, gobble.

If memory serves me well, when we lived in Grand Cayman, they used to dab ammonia or peroxide on the offensive "sea burn". I am certain that both are on the ship.

Glad that you are enjoying such a special trip. Don't know how we will last till ours in February.

Just finished my "boozie cranberries"...one pkg cranberries...1 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brandy, 2 T. grated orange peel....one hour in a 325 oven in a 9 X 9 pyrex pan. Cool and refrigerate. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. If the chef has a sense of humor...[or a hankering]..he might make you a batch of the GOOD SAUCE..ha! Lola

Hi Jane!

So glad all is well for you aboard the lovely Pride. I sailed with Kami & Jamila last year, and ate dinner at their hosted tables, getting a better chance to talk with them. They're both delightful!

No doubt you have plenty to be thankful for today, and all days you're aboard SB...just wish I could be there, too! :)

Please give my regards to Mr. Nelson if he's aboard (bartender extraordinaire!), and here's hoping your barbecue is perfect!

Enjoy & keep us posted!!

Paul

who is always thankful to be able to sail on SB....;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends out there on the Board and to you Jane!

Good to hear you are having a smashing time! Just makes me want to leave now!! Hope the weather stays kind, don't use it all up as we don't board until 1st December!

All the best and have a fabulous second week too!

Very envious in a very cool England!

;)

.....*smile* not yet! But I bought one of those little ones at Target, that you plug in (or use batteries), so I can play my Ipod in my cabin. Works great. It zips up to about the size of a large wallet. Cute!

Jane BP, I like the new Veranda furniture and I also like the way they re-did the Sky Bar, much much nicer furniture and more pleasant to sit there.

Paul, a pleasure to hear from you! If I see Nelson I will certainly say hello.

Martinique was beautiful today; gorgeous weather. I had Olivier, my very nice (and nice looking) French divemaster all to myself on his Zodiac boat. After bouncing across the sea to the dive sites, we had two spectacular dives. Lots of fish and Seabourn would have been quite interested in four very delicious looking lobster we found under one ledge.

Mayreau and the banana boat tomorrow. Hope I don't end up in traction afterwards. Talk to you later!

Jane ;)

Mayreau and the banana boat tomorrow. Hope I don't end up in traction afterwards.

Risk of ending up in traction only occurs when Captain Geir-Arne is towing the banana boat and he is safely several thousand nautical miles away commanding the Spirit. :D

Glad you are having a wonderful time on the Pride. Continued blue skies, calm seas and gentle breezes. :)

Well I have found Simon and his wife, but for the life of me have not run across anyone else from CC. Give me a holler if you're reading this, any of you, I'm in 134. Leave me a note or something so I can find you!

Guadeloupe was small, but the lovely bell tower tolling the hour and the roosters crowing all day were nice touches. Finally got back in the water for two dives, yesterday in Martinique the conditions were so that they didn't get the tenders in the water until about 10, so I missed my dive. Unfortunately they couldn't put the marina down either, but we do have the beach barbeque in Mayreau.

Weather was iffy today, some sun, some rain; we are en route to St. Lucia, I am hoping for sun....last year it was so grey, I was disappointed. It must be a gorgeous island in the sunshine.

Sat at Eric DeGray's table tonight for dinner, he is so interesting. I'm having a wonderful time meeting so many charming people. I even dragged a fellow passenger along diving with me today when he overheard I'd booked a dive, so it was nice to have company.

I must say this is the best food I've ever had on Seabourn, and my last two cruises, I thought things were pretty good. But the chef has outdone himself. Someone actually said there were four chefs aboard!

To those who are anticipating boarding the Pride soon, you will not be disappointed. Everything is, as usual, perfection!

Jane

Hi Jane,

So glad you're having a good time and the anticipation is almost killing me now! I hope you continue to have good weather, but don't use it all up ;)

Glad you found a diving buddy - if you want to say Hi Jane, we're staying at the Hilton on Friday evening until Seabourn pick us up at Reception around 12 noon on Saturday 1st to take us to the ship. Don't know the lay out of the Hotel but we'll be in the reception with cases with Seabourn on and looking really excited! Come and say hi - would love to meet you!!

Bye Jane

Anne and Steve :cool:

Well I have found Simon and his wife, but for the life of me have not run across anyone else from CC. Give me a holler if you're reading this, any of you, I'm in 134. Leave me a note or something so I can find you!

Alas our cruise starts Dec 1 - will you still be aboard ?

Hi Curious, We are boarding Dec 1 along with Anne (Rapunzal) but I think Jane leaves that day. We are in cabin 233 hope to meet you onboard perhaps have a drink with Anne/ Steve if you would like? Robbie and Jim

Hi Curious, We are boarding Dec 1 along with Anne (Rapunzal) but I think Jane leaves that day. We are in cabin 233 hope to meet you onboard perhaps have a drink with Anne/ Steve if you would like? Robbie and Jim

sounds like a plan - I'll look you up - not sure of our suite number and am madly packing as we leave tomorrow EARLY for a few days in Barbados pre-cruise. The weather looks a little iffy so we are keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Hi Curiousx, Robbie and Jim,

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!! We're off to New York and then to Barbados to pick up the Pride! We will, of course, after the lifeboat drill which I will be paying particular attention to, go off to get ready for dinner and then to the Skybar to meet you all! We're the ones with the funny English accents and then I think we have you our new Canadian friends and our American friends Robbie and Jim - I think we have the makings of a UN!! Lets have our own summit :)

See you all on board Saturday!! Praying for safe travels for us all and calm winds and blue skies...

LOL from England Anne and Steve

:rolleyes:

Don't drink all the champers! From a cool and murky London!!!

Hi Anne, and curious,

We are packed and loaded up for our drive to Atlanta tomorrow and then our flights to Barbados Fri. The Pride will be so beautiful when we round the bend and see her glorious self on Saturday. Hope you all have safe travel and will see you Sat. Robbie & Jim Rice, Cabin 233 and Carol & Jay Jerman.

Hello to everyone, and especially to those anticipating boarding the Pride this weekend! We are docked in St. Vincent today, it's absolutely beautiful. Sparkling water, a blue sky, lots of sunshine. Anticipate a great dive experience today after a terrible day yesterday in Grenada! The visibility was terrible, and we were pounded with very heavy rain both going to and coming from our dive sites. I can't tell you how welcome the bow's whirlpool was when I got back on board!

Last night I had dinner at the doctor and nurse's table, and Rock the Boat was fun as usual. Tomorrow is the Mayreau beach barbeque and I hope the weather holds out, it is truly spectacular today.

This probably will be the last post for this cruise, so my very best to all my CC friends. I hope those of you boarding will have a lovely cruise, it has been, again, a wonderful experience.

Jane :)

Hello to everyone, and especially to those anticipating boarding the Pride this weekend! We are docked in St. Vincent today, it's absolutely beautiful. Sparkling water, a blue sky, lots of sunshine. Anticipate a great dive experience today after a disappointing day yesterday in Grenada! The visibility was terrible, and we were pounded with very heavy rain both going to and coming from our dive sites. I can't tell you how welcome the bow's whirlpool was when I got back on board!

Last night I had dinner at the doctor and nurse's table, and Rock the Boat was fun as usual. Tomorrow is the Mayreau beach barbeque and I hope the weather holds out, it is truly spectacular today.

This probably will be the last post for this cruise, so my very best to all my CC friends. I hope those of you boarding will have a lovely cruise, it has been, again, a wonderful experience.

Jane :)

Archived