Bayonne Transportation ?

Cam6959

www.blackexecutivecars.com

This is the company that I am thinking about using to take me from the airport to my hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port in Bayonne. I am flying into Newark and staying in Jersey City. They are $45 for each leg of the trip. including everything but gratutity. Is this a good price and is this a good company to use? If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thank you and I hope you are having an awesome Thanksgiving Holiday. :)

that's what a cab would cost...actually when we took a 'cab' from our hotel to cape liberty, it was a town car......not sure about that particular company but price wise, it is just fine.....(we were in an EWR-area hotel so we didn't have to pay for a cab to the hotel.....)

I generally stay in one of these.....all have a shuttle to the airport...all are opposite Jersey Gardens Mall (outlets)... www.jerseygardens.com

.....if driving, IMO they are easier to get into and out of than hotels on routes 1 & 9...(if you aren't familiar with driving in the EWR area, trust me...you don't want to!!)

All are off exit 13A of the NJ Turnpike, on Glimcher Realty Way......and there is a RUby Tuesday restuarant in the parking lot....

Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth

Country Inn & Suites Newark/Elizabeth.....

The RI and Country Inn include breakfast...the courtyard sometimes has a rate that includes it, otherwise it's about 10-12 bucks.

Cab (car service generally-same price) to the pier is 40-45 plus tip.

Some people choose a hotel in Jersey City for its proximity to the PATH trains into Manhattan (www.panynj.com) but parking can be pricey. The hotels I mentioned have free parking (unless things have changed) and i have been able to park there while away. There is also an Extended Stay AMerica in the same area but i tend to avoid them as they are a little too no-frills for me (they don't even supply tissues or shampoo!-but i am staying at one in FLA in Jan cause it is 150 cheaper than most places!):eek:

hth......

also... www.cruiseliberty.com for port info.

Hi everyone I hope you enjoyed your holiday! Megr1125 thank you so much for your information. It is very helpful. Cruisecollector I am staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Jersey City so I will have transportation costs all the way around. But I am going in two days before so I can see a little of New York. I will definitely let you know what I thought of it. A lot of my friends are originally from New Jersey and I was told if I want easier access to NY and the cheaper prices for a hotel then Jersey City was the way to go. So that's where I am staying. Some of the people I am cruising with are staying by the Newark airport and some are staying in Elizabeth area so I will have a complete idea for you when we get back.

Thanks so much Meg. We'll be coming into the Airport. Staying at Marriott Residence Inn sounds good, places to eat...lots to do. We fly in the day prior to our cruise just to ward off the evil spirits. Sounds like we are looking at a $50.00 taxi ride to the port in Bayonne, assuming gas doesn't go up any further than it already has!! I really appreciate your insight. Have a great weekend.

Cam6959: I'll look forward to hearing how your trip goes along with the hotel info. Have a good one!

Jewell

Thanks so much Meg. We'll be coming into the Airport. Staying at Marriott Residence Inn sounds good, places to eat...lots to do. We fly in the day prior to our cruise just to ward off the evil spirits. Sounds like we are looking at a $50.00 taxi ride to the port in Bayonne, assuming gas doesn't go up any further than it already has!! I really appreciate your insight. Have a great weekend.

Cam6959: I'll look forward to hearing how your trip goes along with the hotel info. Have a good one!

Jewell

Yup.. the RI was good.....jersey gardens is an outlet mall....they have some places to eat, but i'd stick with ruby tuesday (however, there are a bunch of delivery places-can't remember them, but the food was decent we ordered italian stuff once, and pizza another time!)

there is a Ikea nearby too (you could walk but the shuttle MIGHT be able to take you)......as for a grocery store....you;d have to take a cab.....nothing around the hotel.....and a good thing is that New Jersey has some of the lowest gas prices in the US....PLUS we don't permit self serve...go figure...they pump, we save! whatever!

have fun! (and, NJ is much better than the small area you will see!;) )

• 1 month later...

Jewell

Jewell - I loved the Courtyard Marriott in Jersey City! It was so easy to get to NYC from there. Literally 20 feet from Path Station! We became subway fiends that weekend! As you know I used Black Car Transportation to get to the hotel and then to the port and then back to the airport and was thrilled with them! Had Tony for a driver and he was awesome! My husband and I totally loved NYC and the motel where we stayed. The morning of the cruise we walked to Target and got our water and soda to bring on board. It was a nice start to our cruise! Everyone in NYC was so friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough of the great time we had. One of the people I cruised with met us at our motel and she said she wished she had stayed there also. It was so close to everything and the most cost other than the motel was the car transportation - path and subway are so much cheaper to go see NYC. Cost for transportation: from airport to hotel - $45 hotel to port: $40 port to airport - $45.

Jewell

oopsie dreaded double post

Archived