Wildlife Preserve In Barbados

many cruises

We will be in Barbados in March on the Crown Princess & have been reading about the Wildlife Preserve there. For those who have been there & done that...please give us some more details. Also, if anyone has any pictures that would be great too! ;)

Loved it! We went there during our "Best of Barbados" tour with Glory Tours. You are welcome to view my pictures and review located in my signature line. This was a great experience! :)

Cameron charged us $30pp (5 of us) but that included some scenic stops on the way and on the way back from the reserve. It did not, however, include admission to the park, which is $11.50US.

Before we went, I inquired about taking the bus, but everyone who responded told me that the buses weren't very punctual, especially when you needed to get back to the port at a certain time. Maybe someone else has actually experienced it.

Well, there are several companies and individuals mentioned in this thread. Most cruiselines have an excursion that goes to the Wildlife Reserve, but it is probably cheaper to just get a taxi to take you there. As I said before, Cameron Reid took us, and we really liked him. His website and contact information is scenicbarbados.com.

Well, there are several companies and individuals mentioned in this thread. Most cruiselines have an excursion that goes to the Wildlife Reserve, but it is probably cheaper to just get a taxi to take you there. As I said before, Cameron Reid took us, and we really liked him. His website and contact information is scenicbarbados.com.

Thank you so much!

Ugh! Unfortunately the site is disabled =-(

Well, there are several companies and individuals mentioned in this thread.

Most cruiselines have an excursion that goes to the Wildlife Reserve,

but it is probably cheaper to just get a taxi to take you there.

As I said before, Cameron Reid took us, and we really liked him.

His website and contact information is scenicbarbados.com.

I believe I'm right in saying that the admission fee to Wildlife Reserve

also gets you admission to the nearby historic British Army Signal Station

at Grenade Hall.

Also, right across the road is Farley Hill

a park surrounding the ruins of an old elegant country manor

with a great view from the little bandstand/gazebo up on the rise to the East

not to mention the cooling breezes there, at about 800 ft. elevation.

Do this Farley Hill cool-out bit last, and don't forget that camera.

• 4 weeks later...

cinnam0n,

Pardon my ignorance, but where were the waterfall pictures taken? They are just beautiful. I went to see the wildlife preserve but loved these pictures! We are on the Jewel in March, and I'm hoping your stop was one of ours!

Thanks,

Debbie

The waterfall on page 4 of the album is Trafalgar Falls, on the island of Dominica. The one on page 8 is at the Botanical Gardens on St. Lucia, which we went to as part of Cosol's tour. They are both beautiful sites, that's for sure!

Archived