What is the worst/strangest thing you have seen someone do on a cruise?

Mydnite

dforeigner,

I am completely in agreement with you. They should do credit checks before boarding anyone.

But if we deny boarding to those who can't afford to be on a cruise, the ships would be nearly empty.

Come to think of it, that's not a bad thing either - except for the fact that they would have to increase the cruise cost by a factor of 10 to cover the lost revenues.

Bruce, I think that is happening anyway. Otherwise the cruiselines would go out of business-and other businesses also-thos eof us who live within our means and are honest and pay our bills-have to pay for the slobs that don't.

On our 11/11/07 cruise on the Explorer a woman showed up at the concierge lounge at night in one of the ships robes and slippers, sat down and made herself comfortable. Kinda takes casual to a new level.

I think it is becuase you have to be platium to get those robes on RCI. some poor folks see it as a "statis symbol"-they want everyone to know they have taken lots of cruises on RCI.

Celebrity and Carnival both supplies those robes-but with those lines-you get it from cruise number one-so the only time you see those robes are when someone uses them as a coverup for between therir stateroom and the lido pool. No "statis symbol" on those lines! LOL!

We were at early seating, looking out the window and saw a uniformed staff member, who almost "missed the boat". She arrived in the harbormaster's boat and was lifted up by ropes to the deck as the ship started to move.

We never heard the whole story, but it was quite a sight.

An ex Nun who carried a 3 foot plastic statue of the Madona.

She was on our table for two sittings, and liked the statue to have his own seat.

I believe there was a problem with her later, she demanded to speak to the ship on the Tannoy, about among other things the "sins of the flesh"

We had a good time with her on those two nights, But as we say over here she appeared to be "one sandwich short of a picnic" regards

We were at early seating, looking out the window and saw a uniformed staff member, who almost "missed the boat". She arrived in the harbormaster's boat and was lifted up by ropes to the deck as the ship started to move.

On the Carribean Princess in October 2006 we saw a couple who ALMOST "missed the boat"-we had actually pulled out from the Ft. Lauderdale port a lttle when this couple came up in a taxi running to the dock with their suitcases. the pilot boat went back and picked them up.

We were up in the lounge on deck 16, I forget the name of the lounge, but on HAL they always call it the Crow's Nest, but Princess ships name theirs differantly I think on differant ships; so we had a very good view of everything.

I was on the Party poker cruise to Mexico 3/05 chartered only for poker WPT. Very strange seeing two dining rooms filled with poker tables and not tables to eat on. What was also strange is that many many many people wore the same clothes EVERYDAY because it was their lucky clothes (including their underwear eww)!:confused:

I've seen this on almost all my cruises, almost all the ports. I think this might be normal procedure.

An ex Nun who carried a 3 foot plastic statue of the Madona.

She was on our table for two sittings, and liked the statue to have his own seat.

I believe there was a problem with her later, she demanded to speak to the ship on the Tannoy, about among other things the "sins of the flesh"

We had a good time with her on those two nights, But as we say over here she appeared to be "one sandwich short of a picnic" regards

Too funny!! I hope my hubby and I get to meet interesting people - makes for a fun evening (just hope we aren't the "interesting" ones HA HA):cool:

A few years ago we were walkingback to our cabin, when this older couple comes walking out of their room all smiles, heading to the pool, but i noticed he had on his under wear and no bathing suit. I was just telling my DH this after we past them when the man noticed his mistakes they ran back to their room so fast and laughingall the way. :D

Another time on a Carnival ship, about 15 years ago,they had a large group of retired people. Well one day while watching the football game in the sports bar, about five of these ladies come in with large beach bags and proceeded to empty all the things that were left on the bar top, from straws, little drink umbrellas, toothpicks, matches, napkins etc. Then they all walked out. I guess this is why the ships don't leave anything out where they can be reached anymore.

I remember reading about a nudist cruise years ago. That would be great for packing, but meal time - not so good.:eek:

I had a professor once who liked to go to nudist camps and resorts. He told me that they take a towel to dinner, and place it on the chair prior to sitting down. He told me that you see all kinds of people there, from old to young, fat and thin, and everything in between. He said after a few hours, you get accustomed to it and it seems perfectly okay. NOT! LOL.

I had a professor once who liked to go to nudist camps and resorts. He told me that they take a towel to dinner, and place it on the chair prior to sitting down. He told me that you see all kinds of people there, from old to young, fat and thin, and everything in between. He said after a few hours, you get accustomed to it and it seems perfectly okay. NOT! LOL.

I have read where others do that for the lounge chairs. As one person put it to me when I asked why the need-was that he/she did not want any "butt crack dirt" from the person in a string bikini/speedo before them.

after I read that I always get a beach towel for the lounge chair and another for drying on when I get out of the pool.

You guys/gals here put the worst pictures in my mind!

Volunton,

We are already receiving many bitter complaints when we process $60 per day credit holds on credit cards in the middle of the cruise.These credit holds are held against the total credit on the card, reducing the amount that can be charged while shopping ashore.

Now you are recommending that we process those credit holds weeks or months before the cruise even starts??

Too many of the cruising public soimply cannot afford that.They are living day to day on credit cards.

When I cruised with P & O Australia on the Fair Princess and Pacific Sky, the ship wouldn't let you run up a bill. You had to go to the purser's desk to charge up your ship card with cash or traveller's cheques. On the first cruise I went on they wouldn't even let you use credit cards to charge up the ship card. On the second cruise they'd let you use Bankcard, Mastercard or Visa, but not American Express or Diners Club. At the end of the cruise they would refund any cash remaining on your card either by giving you cash, or a partial reverse of the credit charge. So there was no way P & O Australia was getting stuck with a bad bill. Australians are pretty bad tippers as a rule, so I don't know how the crew got on with tips. I know I tipped properly!

On my last 120 passenger ship cruise there was a woman approximately 50 years old who wore everything of value and some not so valuable things on a belt. She wore this everywhere on the ship and off. There were containers with her passport and money attached with locks to her belt. And, she had two portable fans attached to it pointing up at her face. I don't know what else was attached but the belt was completely filled with things hanging down - it must have weighed a least 5 pounds.

Holy Utility Belt Batman!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

It was late at night on our very first cruise and I told my husband that we never did see the entire boat. So, too excited to sleep we went everywhere and ran into a couple making whoopy! Later during the Honeymoon game show this couple was picked and when the MC asked where was the strangest place they ever made whoopy they said, "Here on deck 10 during the first night." Then my husband said, "They aren't lieing, my wife and I saw them!" The place erupted in laughter and I wanted to crawl under the seat!:D

I also saw a guy being arrested right beside the boat In Jamaica for buying marijuana! He was handcuffed,crying and scared to death! I had seen him earlier in the windjammer for breakfast with his wife and little girl. It was really sad...and STUPID!:(

It was late at night on our very first cruise and I told my husband that we never did see the entire boat. So, too excited to sleep we went everywhere and ran into a couple making whoopy! Later during the Honeymoon game show this couple was picked and when the MC asked where was the strangest place they ever made whoopy they said, "Here on deck 10 during the first night." Then my husband said, "They aren't lieing, my wife and I saw them!" The place erupted in laughter and I wanted to crawl under the seat!:D

I also saw a guy being arrested right beside the boat In Jamaica for buying marijuana! He was handcuffed,crying and scared to death! I had seen him earlier in the windjammer for breakfast with his wife and little girl. It was really sad...and STUPID!:(

How horrible for that poor man. In Jamaica you have people asking you to buy everything including drugs and you are even offered little kids for sex. I hated that island and if I am EVER stupid enough to take a cruise there again I will stay on ship.

I hope the islander got arrested also who was selling him the stuff-the same jerk sells little kids to perverts I am sure.

On our very first cruise, right in the middle of dinner, we felt the ship vibrating like mad as they cranked down the propeller RPM rapidly. I jokingly said to my wife "Someone must have jumped overboard." We heard later that was exactly what happened! Jumped/fell, whatever -- we figured that he must have seen his bar bill.

D+D

-----------------------

NCL Dawn, 6/08 (anxiously awaiting)

NCL Spirit, 10/07

NCL Majesty, 4/07

NCL Spirit, 9/06,

Celebrity Horizon, 9/04

Carnival Inspiration, 9/97

Archived