Yukon you

worfsmom

Ok Yukon, you're the man....... from one crazy Canadian to another......

Hypothetical ...... close your eyes....invision.....................................

Top of Mt Roberts (Juneau) at the cross, renew my wedding vows. Can it be done formally? Can you meet me there and help us out? Only kidding.

Does this vow renewal thing (in a guys mind) sound corny? Is it tacky? What do you think? If we did do it, friends would be coming along, and we wouldn't tell them, just to meet us at the cross (if they could climb the hill !) after we got off ship (Sept 05). I wanted Alaska, a mountain, a view, but didn't want to spend all day getting there. After 32 years............................................:confused:

We fell in love with Alaska last year, and did the Mt Roberts climb, and wanted to make it a special memory this time. Got any ideas??????

My partner Cathy just responded with the same thing I was thinking - "she must have seen Mount Roberts on a good day!". I think it's a wonderful idea, except for the weather issue. Corny or tackY? Not at all, even to a guy (or to this guy at least). But Cathy and I were up there two days ago, and it was just plain UGLY - sheets of rain and zero visibility - and there is very little covered area outside as an alternative. Could a temporary canopy be set up, though? I expect that any good caterer in Juneau could arrange that.

Murray

I guess we had a good day "atop"..... wind, drizzle, cloud, fog, sun! But it beats Toronto in the dead of winter !!!!!!

I am so cheap, I hate the thought of having the cruise line do it!

Will have to give it more thought, I'll probably be dead by then, or the two of us will feel like killing eachother in the next couple of months !!!!:eek:

thanks for your thoughts........:)

We just got back from our Alaskan cruise and saw a place I thought would be perfect for a wedding (or renewal). It was in Juneau and I think it was called Chapel by the Sea. The view was beautiful. It wasn't at the top of a mountain but the view was one to remember. We found it by taking Mendenhall Glacier and City tour.

Veronica

I found a few snaps on the net...... rustic looking chapel, wood beams/logs inside with alter overlooking lake and mountain? I is a really beautiful spot.

Maybe I'll see what I can cook up. Do you think that a vow renewal is tacky? useless? corny? I need honest opinions.

We don't feel that we need to do it, but wanted something really personal and memorable about Alaska. Alaska really "hit" the two of us at the same time. and at this age , that's something!

Need opinions....... good bad ugly nasty cruel whatever...... send !

Archived