Look At This !!!

seaventurer

Photos for the record books; no less than 7 ships in Miami today following their delayed return thanks to Frances…I never imagined they would fit these heavyweights in all at once...I live right above these photos which explains my ten cruises in the past year…

Here's our link to the photos: http://www.egisnine.com/cruiseships

Facination, Imagination, Paradise (her last port visit in Miami as she is off to the west coast and stripped of her non-smoking venue), Majesty of The Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas…an estimated 14,500 passengers off and another 14,500 boarding or close to 30,000 transient passengers…!!! Miami is still the cruise capital of the WORLD - and here comes IVAN...

All photos are copyrighted: tributestudios.com…for information, email me at

jschwartz@tributestudios.com

What is so cool about this and Port Everglades as well is how they just DO what needs to be done (with all the behind-the-scenes people working furiously) to make it happen! :)

I love that sense of cooperation between the cruise lines and the ports, pulling together in times of adversity.

What is so cool about this and Port Everglades as well is how they just DO what needs to be done (with all the behind-the-scenes people working furiously) to make it happen! :)

I love that sense of cooperation between the cruise lines and the ports, pulling together in times of adversity.

Ella, this was the port of Miami, not Port Everglades, which is in Fort Lauderdale. :) Hence, no Princess ships, since they use Port Everglades. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and NCL use Miami.

GREAT pictures. Pretty cool seeing all those 'red tails' lined up in a row like that. Glad I wasn't looking for my luggage! :eek:

TinaLee

Ella, this was the port of Miami, not Port Everglades, which is in Fort Lauderdale.

Oops, misread the original post. :o I was thinking of Port Everglades because I know Disney sent their ships there with Port Canaveral still being closed.

WOW great pictures... I'll probably get a first hand report tomorrow. A friend at work asked me all about cruising a year ago. He wanted to go in the summer and asked about Hurricane season. Since we sailed during a category 4 hurricane on my first cruise in November 2001, I explained how our cruise was handled and stated I would book again during Hurricane season (and this is from someone who suffers from motion sickness). Well, he and 15 family members, who also never cruised, were on the Carnival Triumph last week. I worried about them all week and even felt a bit guilty about telling him they'd be ok during a hurricane. This morning he called a mutual friend from Miami Airport and told him what a great time they all had and how they rolled with the punches.

I guess I won't have to hide or hold my head in shame when I get to work tomorrow..

Archived