Miami and the month of April

minniem64

Is April high season for cruising? I have been trying to find hotels at a "reasonable" rate and the best I came up with is the Holiday Inn Downtown for 163.00 which includes the taxes. Is this a fair price for this time of the year? I tried bidding on priceline, but no luck tonight.

Hi Minniem64,

I am in the same "boat" that you are:D , we too are cruising in April(12) which I understand is just at the end of the "high season". I am finding the rate s quite high for the Miami area. I booked at the LaQuinta West for $131.19 which included taxes. I am going to try to bid on Priceline, but have only did it once before..But I am going to try. I am going to rent a car on arrival day( the day before our cruise) and return the car the morning of the cruise and have the rental car agency take me to the port. So I am open for a hotel anywhere in the Miami area.

What area are you bidding ? Have you done PL before ? Some posters on these sites say it might be a little early for April bidding ??

Take care,

Knarf(Frank backwards)

We are going April 20th on the RCC Freedom. It will be my first cruise experience. I have bid once before on Priceline and had no problems so I will attempt this again. I just want a clean, safe place to stay. We will be arriving in FLL early so I was looking at DOWNTOWN MIAMI since we wanted to be close to the port. I just don't want to worry about missing the "boat". I was not prepared for the rates that I am looking at now. (250-500 a night, YIKES!).

We stayed at the Holiday Inn last April before our honeymoon cruise-- that would have been April 21, 2007. I can't remember the exact amount we paid, but it may have been about $150... It seemed like a great deal because we did a destination wedding in the Keys and our hotel there was $250 a night. Are you cruising near Easter because that could be making the prices higher.

Is April high season for cruising? I have been trying to find hotels at a "reasonable" rate and the best I came up with is the Holiday Inn Downtown for 163.00 which includes the taxes. Is this a fair price for this time of the year? I tried bidding on priceline, but no luck tonight.

Yep, April is high season for everything in South Florida. There is much much more there than just the cruise industry.

Archived