Shipping luggage home after QM2.

jeno

We are on the QM2 back to New York after our QV World Cruise. We will have a very large amount of luggage by the time we return. There was a person who posted here that was going to use Garth from the UPS store in Brooklyn. He was to meet the ship, pick up the luggage and ship it home for her. I tried to find out how it went, but never got an answer from her. Has anyone else tried this or anything like it? We are open to ideas. Thanks for any input on this. Jeanne

Jeanne,

I think Cunard have their own service for delivering luggage. I have left mine onboard the QE2 a couple of times as I did not do the full world cruise and could not take it with me on the 'plane. One suitcase has done the full World Cruise twice! In fact, I may put my suitcase on the QE2 before she leaves in January although I am not getting on until the beginning of April in New York! I am lucky because I can pick it up myself as I live in Southampton. Some people who lived in the North had theirs delivered. If you 'phone Cunard, they should be able to help you.

Maureen

Thanks Maureen. I would rather not use the Cunard service becasue it is so expensive. This other thing sounded great. I called and he said he has been picking up luggage from others and shipping it back for them. I just can't find a person that has actually used him. The woman who posted was really thrilled about the set-up, and I think it is a little odd that she never posted about how it went. That makes me wonder... Still looking for feedback or other ideas. Jeanne

Jeanne,

I think Cunard have their own service for delivering luggage. I have left mine onboard the QE2 a couple of times as I did not do the full world cruise and could not take it with me on the 'plane. One suitcase has done the full World Cruise twice! In fact, I may put my suitcase on the QE2 before she leaves in January although I am not getting on until the beginning of April in New York! I am lucky because I can pick it up myself as I live in Southampton. Some people who lived in the North had theirs delivered. If you 'phone Cunard, they should be able to help you.

Maureen

Hi Maureen! I was really interested to hear that you have left a suitcase on QE2 when not on board. We have the same problem, we are getting off on Jan 6th and then joining her again in LA for the last lap of world cruise...we are flying to San Fransisco first then taking a train down to LA so were hoping not to have to lug all our bags around. However when I contacted White Star their answer came back: When the passenger gets off so does their luggage! So please tell me how you managed ? Thanks.

Hi Maureen! I was really interested to hear that you have left a suitcase on QE2 when not on board. We have the same problem, we are getting off on Jan 6th and then joining her again in LA for the last lap of world cruise...we are flying to San Fransisco first then taking a train down to LA so were hoping not to have to lug all our bags around.

No suitcase solution from me, but looking forward to meeting you on board. Won't you join the World Cruise roll call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=383022&page=84 or the Panama Canal roll call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12511190#post12511190 ?

However when I contacted White Star their answer came back: When the passenger gets off so does their luggage!

Hi Susan and Michael - I think the problem could have been that you spoke to the luggage department:rolleyes: . They will be used to handling luggage for the QM2 (which doesn't have storage space) and getting ready for the QV (I don't expect that has either) so their standard answer will be that no luggage can be stored. I think that you might get a different answer if you speak directly to Cunard Guest Relations. Your final option is to pack your luggage as if you intend to leave it and then check with your steward when onboard. If he says that it can be left you're all set to leave it, if it can't be left then you can bring it home again.

Archived