Rio to Iguazi

jrkfrk

Has anyone done a trip from Rio to Iguazi Falls that can relay some suggestions and "how toos"? All of the information I have seen is from B.A. We have scheduled a cruise that ends in Rio for 2009 (yes, I like to plan ahead), and wondered if a trip to the falls would be possible and/or worthwhile. Any help would be appreciated!

Fran (and Jeff)

Extremely worthwhile. 2 of the best travel days of all time. The falls are spectacular. We did it before a cruise in 2005. We flew TAM airlines from Santa Dumont in Rio to Sao Paolo then to Iquassu and the reverse on the return. We stayed at the Sheraton on the Argentinian side. I would definitely have a tour guide pick you up at the airport IGU (Iquacu) and take you over the borders as the border crossing would concern me on my own, not speaking Portuguese. Great experience, not to be missed.

jc

We too did a trip from Rio to see the Iguazu Falls before our cruise in January, 2006.

We flew with Varig (which was flying at the time) on new planes, they were very comfortable. The falls are wonderful and I would love to return. We also stayed at the Sheraton Hotel and had a Falls View Room. We did our booking with an Travel Agency here in Melbourne which specializes in South America so we had a guide to pick us up at the airport when we arrived at IGU. He took us to our hotel and next day after lunch he drove us back across the border so that we could do the walk on the Brazilian side. We did the 3 walks on the Argentinian side in the morning. We stayed two nights at the Sheraton and it was one of the many memorable experiences on that trip.

Jennie

Archived