How Are the Cabins on Deck 11 on QM2?

Katyany

Has anyone here had a cabin in the A1 or A2 category on Deck 11?

I'm still booked in the P2, but keep thinking I should find something slightly more modest, and midship especially (my P2 is more aft).

Since I have months before the sailing, I'm exploring every option.

Thanks.

I'm still booked in the P2, but keep thinking I should find something slightly more modest, and midship especially (my P2 is more aft).

Thanks.

Yes, we've had an A2 on deck 11, just about midships. Perfectly happy with it. Fire away with any specific questions.

Mary

Thanks.

Yes we have had cabins on deck 11 and are in the process of booking one for May 2008.:)

They are fine, shower is perhaps a little on small size but adequate and of course there is no bath. Shower only. Otherwise we have been very happy with them.

Chris and Pam:)

The cabins are very nice.

However, if you are sailing in inclement weather such as I did in October, you will feel movement on Deck 11, as well as the sound of the screeching wind.

Even midship.

Thanks.

Hi Katyany,

We enjoy booking a A1, Deck 11 Cabin on our last two cruises and are also booked with one for our upcoming March 08 cruise. We prefer a Midship cabin as it gives you access to either end of the ship as a halfway point.

Also, you can't beat the view from atop there. The ocean and ports are your stage from morning to evening and those nights, especially when there is a full moon night.

We find a sense of stability from that height though others have their own opinion. We were satisified. Also, you are assigned to our favorite, Britianna Restaurant.

If you wish, you are only steps away from the Sunning Deck, Deck 13, Forward. And also close access to the Indoor Pool, if you are midship, on Deck 12 by the Stairway B. Stairway/Elevator B takes you everywhere from Deck 12 to Deck 1 when you will need to tender to the port or access the gangway.

One thing I forgot to mention, is the great view while privately lounging on your balcony directly outside your cabin door.

Well, now it is your choice.

Do you want to be high or low?

Do you want to be forward, midship or rear?

Do you want to be in the Britianna or a Grill Restaurant?

Do you wish to use your cabin alot or as a stop off point?

Well, the best point for this subject overall, you are BOOKING a cruise!

We are on a January 3 sailing and are booked in an A2 cabin but almost all of the way towards the rear.

My mom(86) does get sea-sick and is very concerned about being so high up. Should we try to get a lower deck cabin even if we have to get a "sheltered" balcony, or hope for he best.

I like the idea of being up high for the view, but that coupled with a location towards the stern is a bit of a worry, even though mom is in great shape and can out walk both my wife and I on trips.

Your oipinions would be a great help.

We are on a January 3 sailing and are booked in an A2 cabin but almost all of the way towards the rear.

My mom(86) does get sea-sick and is very concerned about being so high up. Should we try to get a lower deck cabin even if we have to get a "sheltered" balcony, or hope for he best.

I like the idea of being up high for the view, but that coupled with a location towards the stern is a bit of a worry, even though mom is in great shape and can out walk both my wife and I on trips.

The top level of any ship at the very bow or stern will always receive the most movement, sadly there is no way of getting away from that. If indeed she is prone to seasickness then it would make sense to try for a cabin lower down towards midships.

Dear RnD,

If you are concerned about the location, then I would side on the safety end. We are booked Deck 11 (High), Midship and it does absorb a certain amount of motion. We are not without it, but can bear it.

I do have to say, we are young & strong and can absorb the motion the ship produces with due care. But, you have to remember, the ship is in open waters and will be open to the powers to be which is beyond our control. Yes, the staff on the bridge will do their very best to steer away from any systems they come upon, but within limitations. We have in our 20+ cruise history including on the QE2 & QM2, have experienced the power of nature up close.

The lower and midship you can get, the more stable you may experience. You do not have to worry, since the waves will not really reach the In Hull Room. But remember, you will experience the spray of the ocean to a certain amount.

I agree with you that the view from above is great but we would not honestly book a cruise in the bow or stern of the ship. We did once on the QE2 and were not happy with some of the experiences.

We are happy that you consider Mom to be as good as you said, but we are all are open to experiencing an incident if conditions warrant.

Give a call and just see that else is available. Sometimes people cancel reservations and you can be lucky with a new location.

This will be cruise 49 or 50-I lost track, and Mom has been on a number of them with us. I will probably call my TA in the morning and see if there are any balcony cabins down lower. Perhaps we can get an A3 on deck 8 which might help a bit.

This will be cruise 49 or 50-I lost track, and Mom has been on a number of them with us. I will probably call my TA in the morning and see if there are any balcony cabins down lower. Perhaps we can get an A3 on deck 8 which might help a bit.

Dear RnD,

Just remember on Deck 8 on the QM2, there are obstructed and non-onbstructed cabins.

I believe there are a number of non-obstructed (open to air & view) in the front and rear. Then between these points there are the partial & totally obstructed by the lifeboats cabins.

Do your homework...

Archived