Which Cruise would you choose...

dogboy53

Hi All,

Just asked by a friend thinking of cruising on the Pacific Dawn next year which of the following cruises would be best...

W816

Mon 12 MaySydney, Australia-4PMThu 15 MayIsle of Pines, New Caledonia-8AM5PMFri 16 MayMystery Island, Vanuatu-8AM5PMSat 17 MayVila, Vanuatu-8AM6PMSun 18 MayPentecost Isl, Vanuatu-8AM6PMMon 19 MayChampagne Bay, Vanuatu-8AM6PMWed 21 MayPoum, New Caledonia-8AM5PMSat 24 MaySydney, Australia-8AM

W821

Sun 20 JulSydney, Australia-4PMThu 24 JulVila, Vanuatu-8AM6PMFri 25 JulMystery Island, Vanuatu-8AM6PMSun 27 JulSavu Savu, Fiji-8AM6PMMon 28 JulDravuni Island, Fiji-8AM4PMWed 30 JulNoumea, New Caledonia-8AM5.30PMSat 2 AugSydney, Australia-7AM

Which one of these do you experienced cruisers think is the best.

Thanks

Don

Hi All,

Just asked by a friend thinking of cruising on the Pacific Dawn next year which of the following cruises would be best...

W816

Mon 12 MaySydney, Australia-4PMThu 15 MayIsle of Pines, New Caledonia-8AM5PMFri 16 MayMystery Island, Vanuatu-8AM5PMSat 17 MayVila, Vanuatu-8AM6PMSun 18 MayPentecost Isl, Vanuatu-8AM6PMMon 19 MayChampagne Bay, Vanuatu-8AM6PMWed 21 MayPoum, New Caledonia-8AM5PMSat 24 MaySydney, Australia-8AM

W821

Sun 20 JulSydney, Australia-4PMThu 24 JulVila, Vanuatu-8AM6PMFri 25 JulMystery Island, Vanuatu-8AM6PMSun 27 JulSavu Savu, Fiji-8AM6PMMon 28 JulDravuni Island, Fiji-8AM4PMWed 30 JulNoumea, New Caledonia-8AM5.30PMSat 2 AugSydney, Australia-7AM

Thanks

Don

They both sound great, although if it was me I would lean more towards the first one. I have been to Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Champaigne Bay and all of those islands are stunning, especially Champaigne Bay.

The Fiji one would be good to. Sorry I'm not much help. :)

They both sound great, although if it was me I would lean more towards the first one. I have been to Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Champaigne Bay and all of those islands are stunning, especially Champaigne Bay.

The Fiji one would be good to. Sorry I'm not much help. :)

Thanks Louise,

I was leaning toward the first one as well because it didn't go to Noumea..

Don

Yes Don, I would go for the first one too, only because I havent been to Pentecost, Champagne Bay or Poum:) I havent been to SavuSavu either but will in June:) Yes, I have heard the land diving is a must!!

I also look at the days the ships will be in ports too, as Sundays a lot of things close, but both these look ok

Chez

xx

Hi All,

W816

W821

Thanks

Don

The first one... Pentecost & the land diving is a must see.

Hi All,

W816

W821

Thanks

Don

It all sounds great so long as they dont go to LUGANVILLE

Jen

Don, Definitely the first - we called at Pentecost Island last year and the 'land diver's' were a highlight of the cruise.

By the way we cruised in June and the weather was perfect.

Roy

Thats good news Roy, I cruise in June:) I usually cruise Sept-Nov but you never can tell what the weather will do:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

Hi Guys.

I'm the one in which Don was asking the question for. Many thanks for the answers. Having only been on one cruise before with P&O on the Pacific Sky up the Malacca Straits, which I believe was a shocker and I am quiet wary about travelling with them again but I believe you have alayed my worries. I would appreciate any other positive reports on the Pacific Dawn.

Bruce

Hi Bruce. Welcome to CC. I have just been fortunate enough to cruise with Don (aka twinkletoes:p ) and will more than likely be cruising with him again in Mar '09. It's good to hear you're willing to give P&O another try, I'm sure you wont regret it. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure Don has already told you how wonderful we all are:D

karen

• 1 month later...

Sorry To rock the boat,(ha)

But i recommend go on W821 For newer cruisers.

Has a good mix of city life, Vila and Noumea then some great beaches, Mystery and Dravuni. One more night too.

P and O don't go to fiji as much or are usually longer more expensive cruises.

If the cruise was for me it would be W816 as I have been to all those in the W821.

So i guess we should base our decisions that are best for you and not for us or me any way.

I know its hard but both are very good.

mmm. Just go with the best price and save the extra for another cruise. Or go on both.

Reg,

Robert and Simone

To Beachside -

Definitely the first option. Champagne Bay is lovely (first cruise), but so if Dravuni (second cruise). Both go to Vila (everyone likes Vila). The clincher is Pentecost to see the land diving. We are going on the April cruise on the Sun and have selected this cruise because we will be able to see the land diving.

Re the Dawn - friends of ours who have travelled on the Star and the Dawn (Christmas cruise) just love the Dawn. I am sure you will also.:)

Archived