COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

It seems like we are going back to the pre 911 thingy of all ships in Florida. Lets keep some ships in other places year round. That would however be best done by smaller ships. I must agree with others, the Bigger is better stick is getting old. I would love to see more Radiance class ships or perhaps some new builds in the 80-90 ton range to serve "smaller" markets, such as the Gulf Coast.

It seems like we are going back to the pre 911 thingy of all ships in Florida. Lets keep some ships in other places year round. That would however be best done by smaller ships. I must agree with others, the Bigger is better stick is getting old. I would love to see more Radiance class ships or perhaps some new builds in the 80-90 ton range to serve "smaller" markets, such as the Gulf Coast.

I agree with you but Royal's plans call for the ships getting bigger and bigger in the future. According to Adam Goldstein, President of Royal Caribbean, the company has no plans to build any more small ships. Who knows what will come after Genesis Class.

Fat elderly women in tiny bikinis!!! What are they thinking? Don't they have mirrors!! eewwww!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time we're old, our vision is gone! AHAHA. :eek: :D

(btw...I'm 64, overweight by 25 or 30 lbs and I wear a one piece or tanktop that looks like one). :p

I suppose that since I'm such a Royal fan that I ought not to post here. BUT, I do think that the Royal Caribbean website needs help! Why can't I search by ship class (if I want to have a Promenade, but am not picky about the ship, then I have to click into a lot of different pages!). I'd like to be able to compare several different itineraries and ships at one time, side by side.

Why doesn't the site really leave me logged in? I may see "Welcome!" with my name at the top, but if I try to go to my reservation then I have to enter my Password again. I have tried a million times to have it "Save my Login Information", but I always have to login.

And why, oh why, are those website photo galleries so ridiculously generic and sometimes silly-looking (here's what I consider to be the least inspiring photo that should be included to highlight "Entertainment and Activities": http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/gallery/experiencetype.do;jsessionid=0000dHG9GFdzFnhkAzfKAROOebd:12hbioan0?br=R&exTypeCode=1&pager.offset=0)? And can't they get updated photos of the staterooms with the new linens?

So, I am hooked on Royal (sorry, cheerleading happening here!), but boy do I think that their website needs some help!

Java

Just off the Mariner for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. Food delicious to me, a fish eater. Was on a Carnival in October and a Princess the week after. Carnival had the best muster. You went carrying your life jacket and then were taught how to put it on, and then you took it off and carried it back to your cabin. I would like to see a Concierge cabin in the West Coast. This was my first concierge cabin and it was great as we are Diamond members. It was my DD's first cruise and now she thinks all ships are as fine as the Mariner is.

Just off the Mariner for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. Food delicious to me, a fish eater. Was on a Carnival in October and a Princess the week after. Carnival had the best muster. You went carrying your life jacket and then were taught how to put it on, and then you took it off and carried it back to your cabin. I would like to see a Concierge cabin in the West Coast. This was my first concierge cabin and it was great as we are Diamond members. It was my DD's first cruise and now she thinks all ships are as fine as the Mariner is.

The Mariner is moving to CA in 2009 :D

###

Are you aware that the Mariner is going to CA in 2009. First a 46 day cruise around the horn and then it will stay in CA.

• Colder beer poolside --warm beer is just nasty
  • Enforce the no children in solarium and kick the kids out of all the hot tubs :o
  • More dessert variety -- especially chocolate! And no more mousses!
  • Expanded breakfast room service menu (like belgian waffles or pancakes --yumm)
  • More comedians for entertainment
  • Revamp the dancing/singing entertainment, a little stale in my taste
  • More variety in the shops...sometimes you need an extra top or swimsuit and everything there has cheesy RCI logos on it. Do like the Vegas hotels do and have actual stores with variety.
  • REINFORCE the no holding of chairs at the pool
  • Stop with the incessant sales pitch with every spa visit, sheesh

We had cabins 8622, 24, 26, 28, and 30. Your cabin is in a great location.

I don't think you can have a bad cabin on the Jewel, she is a beautiful ship :D

###

We had a front hump (8586) for Alaska on the Serenade and and aft for the canal. Both had fantastic balconies and now I am spoiled. This one is just a regular one, boo hoo!! I will survive though.:D

And why, oh why, are those website photo galleries so ridiculously generic and sometimes silly-looking (here's what I consider to be the least inspiring photo that should be included to highlight "Entertainment and Activities": http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/gallery/experiencetype.do;jsessionid=0000dHG9GFdzFnhkAzfKAROOebd:12hbioan0?br=R&exTypeCode=1&pager.offset=0)? And can't they get updated photos of the staterooms with the new linens?

Java

Man! After posting this I thought it would be funny if I made that terrible photo my CC avatar. Unfortunately it looks like RCL won't allow you to link a photo in this way. But at least I can paste it here and pretend that it's my avatar for one posting. It is a weird and funny picture, and I stand by it being a terrible example of "Onboard Entertainment and Activities" used on the website. But posted here I like it a lot better!

Caption I would use for this picture: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" Or maybe "My cabin is this wide!"

act_entertainer_img_305.jpg

Java

I suppose that since I'm such a Royal fan that I ought not to post here. BUT, I do think that the Royal Caribbean website needs help! Why can't I search by ship class (if I want to have a Promenade, but am not picky about the ship, then I have to click into a lot of different pages!). I'd like to be able to compare several different itineraries and ships at one time, side by side.

Why doesn't the site really leave me logged in? I may see "Welcome!" with my name at the top, but if I try to go to my reservation then I have to enter my Password again. I have tried a million times to have it "Save my Login Information", but I always have to login.

So, I am hooked on Royal (sorry, cheerleading happening here!), but boy do I think that their website needs some help!

Java

I love Royal too, otherwise I wouldn't cruise with them as much as I do. This thread isn't about bashing them. It's constructive criticism. To make a great product even better. I think there's been some great suggestions on this thread and hopefully the powers that be will take notice. It's all about keeping your customers happy.

Either self-serve laundry or else offer a bag-of-laundry special for platinum and up C&A members would be really nice for 10+ night cruises. It's too much hassel to pack that much but laundry prices are a little high to send many items.

If RC wants to have their staff serving in the WJ, they need to teach people basic rules of serving. Last time I had to deal with RC staff serving the food in WJ, I had to leave because it was so digusting. One woman was rubbing her nose with her gloved hand then proceeded to handle the rolls with that same hand. She denied ever rubbing her nose when I clearly saw it. Another man was cleaning tables with a stained towel. He can over and tried to give me an ice-cream cone using same gloved hand that was touching the dirty towel. He refused to change gloves when I asked. Eithet have the staff clean the tables or serve food, but not both. Or at least not both without changing gloves. I know the passengers are probably equally as bad with the touching of food.

Also, when RC gets a stomach-problem outbreak, they need to come up with a different cleaning solution than bleach. I know there are other disinfectants out there. I ruined a coupled of outfits because I rubbed against the stair rails after the staff was spraying with bleach. Plus the smell makes my nose and eyes burn and water.

The land staff and cruise staff don't seem to communicate at all. My parents needed wheel-chair access tours and transfer bus. Miami office said no problem. When they got onboard, nothing wheel-chair accessible was available. My parents even had their e-mail confirmations showing that they requested the wheel-chair access.

Possibility of buying complete bottles of liquor to use in cabin or on one's balcony .-at duty free prices

Lounge chairs in all balconies that could fit them

(had one on Freedom and loved it)

More Variety shows

No payment on specialty restaurant

Everyone should be able to go without extra cost once per cruise .For more Visits you pay.

Cheaper tours

Get rid of all the interior rooms, and change everyroom to a royal suite then charge the interior room rate.

Add a clothing optional sunbathing area.

Prime rib, filet mignon, Maine lobster every night.

Unlimited Free drinks served all day and night. Champagne with all meals.

Okay, so I'm dreaming a little, but might as well as long as we're going to dream.

Man! After posting this I thought it would be funny if I made that terrible photo my CC avatar. Unfortunately it looks like RCL won't allow you to link a photo in this way. But at least I can paste it here and pretend that it's my avatar for one posting. It is a weird and funny picture, and I stand by it being a terrible example of "Onboard Entertainment and Activities" used on the website. But posted here I like it a lot better!

Caption I would use for this picture: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" Or maybe "My cabin is this wide!"

act_entertainer_img_305.jpg

Java

LOL! I was thinking of a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park.;) :D