COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

Okay ~ Here's my list for whatever it's worth.

• Lower deposit for Diamond/Diamond Plus ($100. instead of $250) RCI is holding $1500. of our money just in deposits for cruises in 2009.
  • Free Coke products with your meal in the Dining Room.
  • Better Room Service menu
  • Stop being Natzi's about the towels and the $ fee if you lose one. Most of the time the towel is not lost at all, just a computer or human error.
  • More Radiance Class Ships. Bigger is not always better.
  • Shut the Dining Room doors promptly 15 minutes after the posted time to arrive. Enforce the dress code policy in the Dining Room!
  • Enforce the Chair Hog policy
  • Have a non-alcohol smoothie card option for purchase for teens.
  • Reasonable Photo Prices !!!!!!!!! They would sell so many more pictures if they would just reduce them a little. (An 8 by 10 should be $15.00 and all other sizes less than that should be $10.00. They would sell tons more pictures and make a lot more money, I promise you they would.!)
  • More Chocolate dessert variety.
  • I would like a Freedom Class ship AND a Radiance Class ship in Port Canaveral. (My favorite port!)

Well - that's all I can think of for now. Have a great day, everyone. :D

E-Beth

I like a number of the ideas that've been suggested (especially the one about stuff-a-bag of laundry), and I'll add a couple more:

- Have pool staff come around and remove all "saving a towel" seats every 20 minutes

- Improve quality of desserts -- lots of them look so good, but are actually mostly puffed up air

- Show first-run movies in the Screening Room

- Include Dr. Pepper in the Coke Card program

- Add more seafood and Mexican food to the menus (or the buffet)

- Skip the midnight buffet -- what a joke!

- Remove the advertising from the professional pictures

- Offer a ten-punch card for fru-fru drinks

- Fewer days at sea, more island stops (people who want days at sea can still have them -- they can just stay on the ship)

- Stay in port a little longer in the evenings

- Open the back doors so kids/parents can enter the kids' club without walking through the arcade

I haven't read the whole thread, but I am feeling frustrated with RC right now, so here goes:

When an international traveler requests to be billed in US dollars for their onboard account, honour that request. I am embroiled in a dispute right now with them over that, and have found out that it is common practice for them to do this. I have basically been ripped off by two currency conversions that should not have occurred in the first place.:mad:

We enjoy cruising RCCL, but everyone can improve something!

I'd like:

More Radiance-class ships

To be able to bring ONE liter of liquor to my room (either brought on board or bought in the shops on board)

and

more chocolate desserts!

Enforce the adult only policy

Close the dining room doors 15 minutes after the scheduled time

No swimmy diapers - anywhere

Stop recommending dress for the dining room. Create a clear and concise dress code of required attire and enforce it. Formal for us means formal.

Allow my to bring a couple bottles of wine on board. I don't mind buying my regular booze (more rum anyone?) but we have wine that isn't available anywhere anymore and a formal cruise dinner is just the occasion I would love to uncork one.

...and the idea of a Mexican Specialty Restaurant has my attention too!

While I didn't read all the threads, here is my two sense..

Add more live entertainment, bands in the lounges etc.. and NOT JAZZ and blues bands, how about something for the younger crowds..!!!!!! I wanna get out and shake my groove thing, before I have to resort to the slow ballroom style dancing... LOL...

My wife agrees with the coin operated laundry....

Dress codes in the dinning room, well this is always a touchy subject, but I agree if we are going to have a suggested attire, and rules that state no jeans and shorts, well lets have someone at the door saying... I am sorry you can't read, but how about goin back to your room and replacing the problem attire. otherwise, get rid of the suggested attire and let people where what the want.

I totally agree with closing the dining room doors at 15 minutes after the seating starts... unless its a free style dining.

I am sure I will think of more....

NO I am not bashing, I love RCCL... Just got off the explorer today, and am looking for the next trip.

Hmmm....I knew my ears were ringing. :D

. More non-smoking areas in bar/lounges so we all can enjoy the entertainment.

Ditto. I feel very left out at night- I'm very allergic to smoke so I miss all the dancing and Quest games, and I can't even walk through some areas. The entire province I live in is smoke free. Can't the cruise line do better? Maybe an occassional smoke free sailing?

Why doesn't the site really leave me logged in? I may see "Welcome!" with my name at the top, but if I try to go to my reservation then I have to enter my Password again. I have tried a million times to have it "Save my Login Information", but I always have to login.Java

I am FAR from an expert in computers, but I just had an experience that might answer the above question. I had to do some "walk-through service" with a tech expert for a problem on my computer, and he explained that when I removed the "cookies" (which I had to do to solve my problem), I would need to enter my password each time. Hope this explanation helps you.

Self service laundries and a grill by the pool that serves hamburgers,hot dogs and grilled chicken.

They have the grill by the pool on Celebrity and it's VERY popular. I can tell you that was the place you were most likely to find me during lunch time. :D

RCCL has the worst bland food of all the cruiselines. Marinara sauce does not have sugar in it!

Fees at the specialty rest. are ok including johnny rockets. 24 hour casual up on the top deck.

No 15 minute rule in the dining room just make the upper level anytime dining.

self service laundry would be terrific!

Allow wine from your own collection with a corkage fee, the wine lists are pathetic.

More sea days and longer cruises!

Don't put the hamburgers/Chicken and pizza in the adults only Solarium areas, DUH! What kind of foods do all the little kids want??

Have extra breakfast/burger stations on the pool deck, so that the entire ship doesn't have to go into the Windjammer to get food.

Stop insulting Carnival Cruise Line to make yourselves look better!!! It's rude and annoying.

Have an adults only cruise once per month, various ships and itineraries. If it proves successful (and I'm thinking it would just from reading these boards over the past few years) they could add even more sailings.

I'm not against kids/families on cruise ships I just think that it would be a nice option now and then.

I agree!!!! Adults only no families....

I also think the food has gone down hill in the dining room.

Formal nights are now casual nights..Bring back the elegance formal nights, there are other cruise lines for the slobs (NCL)

Have to agree with Jersey Christie. Play cruise music when the live bands are not playing. The last thing this old man wants playing is the music that I can hear everyday at home (and don't if I can avoid it). What I remember most of past cruises is the sounds of the islands...not Manhattan. How about nothing less than Jimmy Buffet?

It's time for RCCL to put an end to the so-called formal nights, and move to a resort casual dress code for dinner. Now days, they have 30% in tuxedos/gowns, 40% in suits/cocktail dresses and the remainder in casual clothing. It's also becoming popular for people to change after dinner into casual clothes for the rest of the night. The only reason for RCCL (or any cruiseline) to keep this policy going is to sell photos of that "special evening".

I know for a fact, that we could eliminate at least one suitcase (possibly two) with a change in policy.

BTW, I'm one of the 30% in a tux for formal nights but would go resort casual in a heartbeat and still have great cruises.

As for other areas...food quality and variety could stand a little work.

I agree: no swim diapers in the main pools!

I'm not sure why this has come up in this thread so many times - this is already a rule and I have never seen it broken on any of the 5 cruises I've been on!

Raising the price of specialty restaurants is a great idea because I do think it detracts from the MDR experience.

Eliminate anytime dining in MDR.

Late night buffet in Windjammer or improve room service menu.

Don't have tee shirt sales on one table in the pool area where you can't see what is available. There is plenty of room in the promenade and I'll bet sales would be better if you could actually shop.

RCI rocks but there are always room for improvement.