Pics from Liberty 11/17/07

kathyemma

Thanks for sharing about your experience on Liberty of the Seas. We are going on our first cruise ever on 12/22/07. We did not get a good cabin on LOS as we just booked this a couple of weeks ago and there was not much left to choose from. We never do things last minute, but for some reason we decided to go on a cruise for Christmas as a family. Hope we like it and have fun. Oh well, we will make the best of it.

Can you tell me how to arrange the Tri-County car that you mentioned? We are flying in FLL too and staying the night at the Intercontinental which I think is near the Holiday Inn. I appreciate your help. There are 4 of us, so it might be more than $65. Car rental for that short jaunt is coming in over $100 and I don't want to have to worry about dropping it off and taking a taxi to the hotel.

Thanks again. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. You look like a happy family.

Thanks for sharing about your experience on Liberty of the Seas. We are going on our first cruise ever on 12/22/07. We did not get a good cabin on LOS as we just booked this a couple of weeks ago and there was not much left to choose from. We never do things last minute, but for some reason we decided to go on a cruise for Christmas as a family. Hope we like it and have fun. Oh well, we will make the best of it.

Can you tell me how to arrange the Tri-County car that you mentioned? We are flying in FLL too and staying the night at the Intercontinental which I think is near the Holiday Inn. I appreciate your help. There are 4 of us, so it might be more than $65. Car rental for that short jaunt is coming in over $100 and I don't want to have to worry about dropping it off and taking a taxi to the hotel.

Thanks again. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. You look like a happy family.

FYI--we used Ambassador Limo from FLL to MIA and paid $85 for a stretch limo--that price included gratuity. Very reliable. Look them on the Internet and ask for Elaine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thurday - Cozumel

We did the dolphin royal swim - it was WONDERFUL. My dd and I had a done it a few times before in the Bahamas - and I have to say the bahamas was better - so if you have the choice between cozumel and the bahamas do it the bahamas. But whatever you do - don't miss it. The dolphins were perfect in coz - i just thought the workers in the bahamas were better. After that we headed into town and went to a few bars and did some shopping

Kathy

Hi Kathy

I have questions about your dolphin swim. Did you book the excursion through RCCL or Chaunkanaab Park directly? We are going on Liberty in February and I noticed there are 3 different dolphin swims, one at Chankanaab, one at XCaret and I'm not sure where the other one is (Dolphinaris? is that a park?)

Other question I had was how you were able to take pictures during dolphin interaction. I've read other posts that say they don't allow you to use cameras. What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks, Cathy

Hi Kathy

I have questions about your dolphin swim. Did you book the excursion through RCCL or Chaunkanaab Park directly? We are going on Liberty in February and I noticed there are 3 different dolphin swims, one at Chankanaab, one at XCaret and I'm not sure where the other one is (Dolphinaris? is that a park?)

Other question I had was how you were able to take pictures during dolphin interaction. I've read other posts that say they don't allow you to use cameras. What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks, Cathy

we booked thru chaunkanaab park - much cheaper than thru the ship. We just grabbed a cab and they took us right to the park. We were able to use the pool and the beach. To go into the water you needed to walk down steps - which was fine for us - but if you have little ones it may be hard. The snorkling was great. If everyone in your party is old enough - do the royal swim - it is worth the extra money. I had some disposable waterproof cameras. I didn't even bother looking at the photos they took. We have done this a handful of times and in the past paid for their pictures (which are really good pics) but didn't think it was worth the $ this time.

Have a wonderful trip!

Kathy

Thanks for the input, it will help us a lot! :) My friend and I are planning on doing a dolphin swim. Our DH's weren't interested, so I guess they'll have to keep an eye on her 6 yr old son while we have a blast with the dolphins! :D My friend has an older digital camera, she said there is a waterproof pouch she can get for it. I guess I'll go ahead and get a waterproof disposable camera for myself as well!

Thanks for the input, it will help us a lot! :) My friend and I are planning on doing a dolphin swim. Our DH's weren't interested, so I guess they'll have to keep an eye on her 6 yr old son while we have a blast with the dolphins! :D My friend has an older digital camera, she said there is a waterproof pouch she can get for it. I guess I'll go ahead and get a waterproof disposable camera for myself as well!

Do the ROYAL swim - it costs the most but is well worth every penny!! Have the DHs take pictures too - there is a pool right by the dolphins - your son can swim and both dhs can sit at a table - one faces the little boy the other faces you and snaps picutes (he will need a zoom lens - but doens't have to be huge).

Do the ROYAL swim - it costs the most but is well worth every penny!! Have the DHs take pictures too - there is a pool right by the dolphins - your son can swim and both dhs can sit at a table - one faces the little boy the other faces you and snaps picutes (he will need a zoom lens - but doens't have to be huge).

Thanks for the info, Kathy! I'm Cathy's friend. I'm hoping my DH will take the pictures. I'll set him up with the zoom lens, and hope he doesn't get bored waiting for our turns. Could you tell us about how long the experience lasts? Also hoping my son doesn't get upset that he's not coming in with us.:rolleyes: It's my understanding that the park staff are helpful with scheduling, and the ship time/island time thing? Thanks again for all your info. I enjoyed looking through your photos and video-especially your DD on the Flowrider, and is that DH or SO showing off his dancing skills?

Thanks for the info, Kathy! I'm Cathy's friend. I'm hoping my DH will take the pictures. I'll set him up with the zoom lens, and hope he doesn't get bored waiting for our turns. Could you tell us about how long the experience lasts? Also hoping my son doesn't get upset that he's not coming in with us.:rolleyes: It's my understanding that the park staff are helpful with scheduling, and the ship time/island time thing? Thanks again for all your info. I enjoyed looking through your photos and video-especially your DD on the Flowrider, and is that DH or SO showing off his dancing skills?

Really, you think he has dancing skills!!!??? Too funny. I thought I was going to lose it when he attempted the splits! He's not my DH (I have way to many commitment issues!) but I will claim him as my SO (for now - we will have to see how he dances on the next cruise!)

I don't know about your son - he may get upset seeing you out there having so much fun with the dolphins. All in all the tour takes about an hour. When I first booked I signed up for the 3:30 (it was 20% less) - but since I couldn't get confirmation about time change I was going to change it to an earlier time. However, the company called me and said they got rid of the 3:30 tour (which was VERY good - cuz we would have missed the ship - the ship stayed on ships time). We ended up going at noon - which was perfect (and yes, i got to keep the discount).

Have a wonderful time! Be sure to post your pics when you get back. It was rainy and cloudy when we were there so the pictures were not the best. Oh well.

Kathy

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived