Pics from Liberty 11/17/07

kathyemma

http://www.youtube.com/kathyandemma

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561559221GIHqYD

The above links are from Liberty. There are a few of my cabin 9528 - which was a D1. We had 3 in the cabin - so i took some with the sofa bed opened up. There was plenty of room for three! (four would have been really hard).

I have a lot more videos that i wanted to upload but they are all too big (which is sad cuz they are funny) - guess i need to figure out how to edit them down.

Kathy

Thanks for sharing! :) Looks like you had a great time.

We will also be in a D1 and I was curious about the sofa sleeper. On Princess, theirs is an actual bed that folds out of the sofa. Looks like the one in your picture just folds down, like a futon, is that correct? Was it comfortable with that big 'ol crease down the middle????

Thanks! :cool:

Thanks for sharing! :) Looks like you had a great time.

We will also be in a D1 and I was curious about the sofa sleeper. On Princess, theirs is an actual bed that folds out of the sofa. Looks like the one in your picture just folds down, like a futon, is that correct? Was it comfortable with that big 'ol crease down the middle????

Thanks! :cool:

my dd slept in it and didn't have any complaints. i cuddled up with her a few nights with her while watching tv and it was fine - a little to hard for my tastes - but I could have slept there. As for the break in the middle - i wouldn't sleep on that part - i would pick a side and stick with it! Although my dd slept right on top of it many nights. I THINK you can request an egg crate to go on top if it's uncomfortable. I know you can one for the beds - so i would think you could do it for the sofa as well. Keep in mind some D1s have the pullman beds.

Kathy

my dd slept in it and didn't have any complaints. i cuddled up with her a few nights with her while watching tv and it was fine - a little to hard for my tastes - but I could have slept there. As for the break in the middle - i wouldn't sleep on that part - i would pick a side and stick with it! Although my dd slept right on top of it many nights. I THINK you can request an egg crate to go on top if it's uncomfortable. I know you can one for the beds - so i would think you could do it for the sofa as well. Keep in mind some D1s have the pullman beds.

Kathy

Kathy-

Thanks for the info. The sofa sleeper is for our son. We specifically scoped out a D1 with one rather than a pullman. We didn't want him up above our heads in our bed!! ;) We will have to check out the egg crate thing if he keeps falling into the crease!! :rolleyes:

Great photo album. You have a beautiful family and looks like you had a wonderful time. It seems you guys did EVERYTHING but the Rock Wall. Video was great too! Poor DD was too light on the boogie board to stay "down stream" :) . Did she try again?

Great photo album. You have a beautiful family and looks like you had a wonderful time. It seems you guys did EVERYTHING but the Rock Wall. Video was great too! Poor DD was too light on the boogie board to stay "down stream" :) . Did she try again?

Yup we did it all but the rock wall. We really wanted to - but we did it on the nav and mariner (plus we are members of sport rock in sterling - which i see is not too far from your house!)

My dd didn't try again - by the time to got to try the flowrider it was the last sea day and she had more things she wanted to try before they kicked us off.

Kathy

Thanks for the great photos! We sail on her in May and have a corner Aft on deck 9. Can't wait!

What night was lobster night - although I know they may/may not have it any more but I was just curious....

We are on the May 10th sailing too!!!!!! :D 9th deck, midship!! See ya on board.:cool:

We are on the May 10th sailing too!!!!!! :D 9th deck, midship!! See ya on board.:cool:

We will see you there! Have you registered for the M&M yet or been on the roll call? It's a little slow but I'm hoping it will pick up soon!!!

Thanks for the great photos! We sail on her in May and have a corner Aft on deck 9. Can't wait!

What night was lobster night - although I know they may/may not have it any more but I was just curious....

was Wednesday - Formal night. But that is also prime rib night - tough call. My server got me the lobster/shrimp and threw on a slice of prime rib too. Oh so yummy!

Kathy

kathyemma - what hotel were you staying at? What ports did you visit? It looked like Grand Cayman maybe?

we stay at the holiday inn - the first few pics of the liberty were taken from our hotel room. here is a copy of the review i posted...

Okay - I am not really into doing a long review - so I will just post my daily highlights - If you have any questions let me know!

Friday - pre-criuse

We flew down Friday night and got to FLL around 5:30. I had reserved a car thru Tri County to take us to the holiday inn. The car was wonderful! The cost was $65 (can't remember if that included tip or not). The Holiday Inn was fine - location was great. The pool was very small - but since we got in so late didn't get a chance to use it.

Saturday -

Got a taxi a few minutes before 11. We stopped at the store to get my case of diet coke and then off to the ship. We walked right on. There were NO lines ANYWHERE. I had a drink in hand before 11:30. It was PERFECT! We walked around the ship and got some lunch. Around 2 we went to our room - which was decorated for my dd's bday and our champagne and strawberries were waiting for us. After the drill we went up to the top deck for sailaway. My dd was tired so she took a little nap on a lounge chair. We ran into some ccers at sailaway (thanks to the cc shirts - we were easy to spot!)

Sunday -

We just spent the day hanging around the pool. The H2O was a lot of fun for my dd - but she is getting a little to old for it (she just turned 9). One piece of advice - if you are going to sit by the H2O zone - don't sit right next to the pool. Anytime the wind blows - the water blows and everything gets wet. Sit one or two rows back. We never had a problem finding a chair by the pool - any of the pools - even on a sea day!

Monday - Labadee

Labadee was wonderful. We did the zip line while dd hung out kids club. I had a ticket for the 9am zip line. I was able to drop her off at kids club right at 9 and then make it to the zip line by 9:02. The zip line was great...won't do it again - but it was great. And YES you can wear flip flops - they just have you remove them at the last minute and attach them to your harness. You can also bring any type of camera you want - it just has to have a wrist strap. I didn't bring mine - but wish i did. My dd had a blast at the kids club and didn't want to leave. But since we had tickets for the aqua park she did. I didn't go in the park - used that time to sit, relax and drink. She loved it. Her face was getting a bit too much sun so after that we had lunch and went back to the ship.

Tuesday - Mo' Bay

My dd and I stayed on the ship cuz the weather wasn't the best - kept raining on and off. Malcolm went off and did the canopy tour - he LOVED it. Said the crew running it were wonderful.

Wednesday - Grand Cayman

We did the Stringray/Snorkle tour thru Captain Marvins. Been there a bunch of times - but it was still fun. The waves got kind of big at times - so didn't stay out too long.

Thurday - Cozumel

We did the dolphin royal swim - it was WONDERFUL. My dd and I had a done it a few times before in the Bahamas - and I have to say the bahamas was better - so if you have the choice between cozumel and the bahamas do it the bahamas. But whatever you do - don't miss it. The dolphins were perfect in coz - i just thought the workers in the bahamas were better. After that we headed into town and went to a few bars and did some shopping

Friday - at sea

We finally got the chance to do the flow rider!! Malcolm did the stand up and my dd and I did the boogie boarding. It was a lot of fun. The line wasn't too bad and moved fast. I recommend going early to sign the waver - that was the line that was long and slow.

As for the food - it was the usual. I loved all the main meals - except for thanksgiving (i don't eat turkey) and the others options didn't sound all that great. The lobster was very good. The desserts didn't sound good at all so I didn't even try them. Twice we skipped the main dinning room and ate at WJ (of course, one of those nights was when they served the warm chocolate cake - which is the only dessert i like on board and I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sorentos had wonderful pizza and my dd loved going there late night (okay, i did too!). The promande also had some wonderful desserts - which helped my chocolate cravings. Sprinkles - the soft serve ice cream didn't work most of the week. At first it was closed to replace the tile floor under it and then at the end of the week it was broke. My dd (and I) were not happy. We love having the ice cream by the pool.

We only went to two shows - one was in the air. I really wanted to leave but since that is rude I stayed. The preformers were wonderful - I just didn't like the music or the costumes. We also saw the comedy magician - he was a lot of fun.

Leaving - how sad.

Leaving was pretty painless. We hung out in WJ until after our color was called. When we got down to the bags they were waiting for us. We took a cab back to FLL airport. The cab sucked and cost 15 more than the car thru tri county. Next time I will reserve a car for the trip home.

It was wonderful meeting so many from the boards. Not a lot came to the meet and mingle and not much mingling was done (all the kids - okay - the adults too - wanted to get out by the pools). Next time I think we should plan an unofficial meet and mingle at the pool bar.

I am sure i left a ton of stuff out - so if I think of anything else I will be sure to post. If you have any questions just ask.

Kathy

PS forgot to add - i paid with my b of a debit card. I just looked up my acct online today and they have 3 holds on my account - one for the charges from thurday, one from friday and one for my next cruise booking. There are no holds from earlier days (guess those have been released) and nothing has actually been taken out of my account. I assume they will take the full amount out on Monday.

We will see you there! Have you registered for the M&M yet or been on the roll call? It's a little slow but I'm hoping it will pick up soon!!!

No, I haven't ventured there yet. :rolleyes:

Yea, looks like that sailing is selling pretty slow, probably the reason no one is on the roll call.

Kathy-

Can you give us any info on disembarking. We will not be in any hurry as we are renting a car - the later we pick up, the later we can return the next day to FLL !!! :p

It was pretty painless. We were scheduled to be called off around 9 - but our flight didn't leave FLL until 2 so we were in no hurry. We left the room at 7:30 (which is when they want you out of the rooms) and hung out at the WJ. I guess around 10ish we just walked off the ship - no lines and our bags were waiting for us. We grapped a porter and a cab and then sat in the airport....drinking bloody marys while my dd took a nap!

Kathy

Kathyemma- Thanks for the info. Even though the ports are different than what we will be on it's still fun to hear about the ship itself!

I had 2 questions:

1) What cc T-shirts were you wearing? Is this something that your M&M did?

2) How early can you board? We are going down the night prior so we can board as early as we can.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait!

Jillyfish - It does seem to be selling slowly but yet all the cabins I had looked in to in the Aft had already been spoken for - or weren't available for some reason.

Yea, I was hoping to get one of the only 8 E1 cabins with sofa sleepers, they are on either side of the hump on decks 6 and 7. But they were gone too. But when I did decide on booking a D1 they were rattling off all kinds of cabins!!

Sounds like, by your other two posts, you are not sure about the cabin you selected. ?

It's a beautiful time of year to cruise, I know it's gonna be a great time! :)

Yea, I was hoping to get one of the only 8 E1 cabins with sofa sleepers, they are on either side of the hump on decks 6 and 7. But they were gone too. But when I did decide on booking a D1 they were rattling off all kinds of cabins!!

Sounds like, by your other two posts, you are not sure about the cabin you selected. ?

It's a beautiful time of year to cruise, I know it's gonna be a great time! :)

We've never stayed in an E1 and just wonder if the size is really that different from a D1 and I am concerned about the door/port hole instead of the slider on the balcony. Not sure if this will "take away" from the balcony. I still wouldn't change from the aft though and we love deck 9 as well. So regardless, we will stay unless we could get to deck 10 corner aft! But then again, its the slider/port hole door thing.

We have never cruised in May - only March since normally we have to work around my school Spring Break. So excited not to have to do that any longer!!:)

Kathyemma- Thanks for the info. Even though the ports are different than what we will be on it's still fun to hear about the ship itself!

I had 2 questions:

1) What cc T-shirts were you wearing? Is this something that your M&M did?

2) How early can you board? We are going down the night prior so we can board as early as we can.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait!

Yes, one of the girls from the m & m made them - they were GREAT. Here is a link to them

Drink of the Day T-Shirt/Adult (CC LOS DOD T):

http://www.zazzle.com/cc_los_dod_t_shirt-235930023070162525

Drink of the Day Magnet (DOD):

http://www.zazzle.com/door_magnet_dod-147212698160414491

Non-Alcohol T-Shirt/All Ages (CC LOS ALL AGE T):

http://www.zazzle.com/cc_los_all_age_t_shirt-235147755364723747

Non-Alcohol Magnet (All Ages Door Finder CC):

http://www.zazzle.com/all_ages_cc_door_finder_los_magnet-147555613998566567

Kid Friendly T-Shirt (CC LOS Kids T):

http://www.zazzle.com/cc_los_kids_t_shirt-235232342371064997

She made some for adults (drink themed) and kids.

As for boarding time - we got there at 11 and were drinking before 11:30. Go at 11 - you can't on any earlier than that!!!!

Kathy

We've never stayed in an E1 and just wonder if the size is really that different from a D1 and I am concerned about the door/port hole instead of the slider on the balcony. Not sure if this will "take away" from the balcony. I still wouldn't change from the aft though and we love deck 9 as well. So regardless, we will stay unless we could get to deck 10 corner aft! But then again, its the slider/port hole door thing.

We have never cruised in May - only March since normally we have to work around my school Spring Break. So excited not to have to do that any longer!!:)

Hey, did you see the post "Liberty of the seas Aft 1700" There are pictures of this cabin and it has a full glass sliding door. Not a port hole. Maybe I'm not following what you are talking about. But take a peek at the pictures on the thread.

Sorry for hijaking your thread Kathy!! :)

Kathyemma - Those shirts are too cute! If we ever get more than 6 people going on our M&M that would be a good idea to do! We will also be ready to board by 11:00. Sounds perfect.....

Jillyfish - I saw that photo also but I know that 1700 is a D1 category so I don't know if that would make a difference in the door. I call everyday to RCCL to see about 1700 but I wonder if it's a 3 person cabin that they are holding for a 3 ppl reserv. I'm sure we will love whatever cabin we are in - we're on a cruise so how could anything be bad :)

Archived